Chapter 16- Inhale

This chapter is dedicated to @GotThatDiggSwag. I loved your comment on the last chapter!!

******************************************

Keyanna's POV

I looked up at August and waited for him to answer my question. All eyes were on him and I could tell he was trying his best to avoid eye contact with me. I was nervous about what he was about to say. Obviously if this had happend before me I would just deal with it, but if he had cheated, I don't know how I would react. If he actually seemed sorry, I would forgive him in a heartbeat. I can't see myself staying mad at him for long.

"Not exactly, " August said after a few moments of silence. He finally looked in my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked slighlty confused. Either he cheated, or he didn't, there's no in between.

"It's a long story, but I didn't really cheat on you," he answered. He was tip toeing around the situation. This would have been so much easier if he was straightforward.

"We got time," Denzel said from his seat. Denzel and Kiara were watching us like a lifetime movie.

August shot Denzel a glare before he sighed and began to explain. "It happened the day I asked you to be my girl. I sent you the text in the morning and I waited for your response. After a few hours, I gave up hope and I figured you were going to say no . I got mad and ended up going to the club. I was drunk and high, and to be honest, I just wanted something to take my mind off of you. I didn't have my phone with me, so I didn't know that you had answered me. I've regretted it ever since, and I wanted to tell you. I just didn't want to risk loosing you, " August said. He seemed so sincere. I could tell that he deeply regretted what happened.

I didn't know what to say. I wasn't really mad that he had slept with her, I was just mad that he kept it from me. I wouldn't exactly consider that cheating, because he didn't see that I had answered him. By now Marcus had made his way back to the table and I used that as an excuse to change the subject. I didn't want to deal with any of this right now. There was too much drama in my life right now. I just want to be happy again.

"Was she okay?" I asked, referring to August's potential baby mama. I never intended to fight her, and I would have never hit her had I known she was pregnant. I hope that I didn't hurt her baby.

"I guess she good. I just waited until one of her friends came to get her," Marcus answered in a bored tone. I saw him mugging Kiara again, so I decided to question him. There was so much animosity between them.

"Marcus, why do you always stare at Kiara like that?" I asked. I had been wanting to know ever since that morning at the restaurant. I knew that there was some kind of tension between them.

"Why don't you tell them, Kiara?" Marcus asked, putting his full attention on Kiara.

I turned to look at her. Her face was filled with a variety of emotions. She looked mad, nervous, and embarrassed all at once. I wonder what she was hiding from us.

"I'm not telling them anything, and neither are you. That is not important now," Kiara responded. She frowned at Marcus, and gave a look, almost like she was daring him to say something.

"You don't think Denzel should know the truth. I mean, I would want to know if my girl was a stripper," Marcus said with a smirk. I looked over to see what Denzel's reaction would be. I personally didn't think that her being a stripper was the end of the world.

"You're a stripper?" Denzel asked. He looked shocked and somewhat mad. August and I both looked at Kiara. It was our turn to stare now. I was glad the attention had shifted of off us.