Chapter 28- Bargaining

The wait this time wasn't that long, I'm slowly getting back on schedule. I decided to write in Denzel's POV just 'cause I love y'all so much!! This is probably my favorite chapter so far. There's only 2 chapters left in this book. Thank you to everyone that has stuck with me. I appreciate all your reads, votes, and comments!!

**************************************

*August*

"La la la la la, can't hear you! La la la la," Denzel exclaimed, putting his hands over his ears in an attempt to block out my voice. I had came over to talk to him about what happened yesterday with Aaliyah. He said he didn't want to hear it 'cause then he would feel bad about keeping it from Keyanna.

"Nigga I gotta get this off my chest. I can't deal with this guilty feeling," I told him. As soon as I went home yesterday and saw Keyanna, I regretted the decision I had made. I couldn't sleep last night knowing what I had done.

"Ok so let me get this straight. You went over to change a light bulb, then you ended up sleeping with the girl?" Denzel inquired. He placed his hand under his chin like he was struggling to figure out something.

"Yeah," I nodded slowly.

"You a stupid ass nigga, she didn't need that light. You should've just left the bitch in the dark. What was she gon' do if you woulda said you wasn't changing no light bulb?" he questioned.

"I know I fucked up. How am I gonna tell Keyanna about this?" I asked. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it from her, the guilt would eat me alive.

"Start off with something like, Keyanna I gotta tell you somethin' about last night. Then be like, every time I left the house I was with some lil' hoe yeah. Every time you called I told you baby don't worry. No, I was out doin' my dirt. Oh, wasn't thinkin' 'bout you gettin' hurt. I was hand in hand in the downtown park like man, not givin' a damn who sees me. So gone, so wrong. Actin' like I didn't have you sittin' at home. Thinkin' about me, being the good girl that you are. I bet you probably believe you gotta good man. A man that never would do the things I'm about to tell you I've done. Brace yourself it ain't good. But it would be even worse if you heard this from somebody else," Denzel sang. I stared at him with a blank face. I was being serious and he over here quoting Usher.

"What would you do if you was in my situation?" I questioned. I honestly didn't know what to do.

"I wouldn't be in your situation 'cause I aint gon' just walk up in some random girl's house because she wants me to do her a favor. She could've been setting you up, " Denzel stated. It was obvious that I wasn't going to get anything good out of this conversation.

"You ain't no help nigga," I mumbled.

"If you wanted somebody to tell you that what you did was okay, you came to the wrong person. That was some foul shit you did and you know it. Keyanna is gon' be pissed and you can't blame her. You know that if she went out and fucked with some random nigga it would be far from okay. You'd probably be tryna kill his ass," Denzel said with a shrug. There was no probably to it, I would kill him. When I did it, it was bad, but just the thought of Keyanna messing with some other nigga was horrible.

"I guess you right," I responded slowly. It was hard to believe that something so logical actually came from Denzel.

"Alright, I think that was enough serious talk for one day. I gotta get to a meeting with Hannah," Denzel stated as he stood up from the couch.

"You gon' keep on and imma shoot yo' ass in the nose. This shit ain't cool man. You don't remember what happened last time?" I asked. I was starting to worry about him. Hannah always manages to get him in trouble.