Chapter 29- Depression

This chapter is dedicated to @Okaeniaa. Do me a favor and go show her stories some love!! I wasn't gonna update this today but somebody (*cough cough* Jerrica & Denzel) made me, so big shout out them. Y'all this book is almost over, the next chapter is the last one! The sequel is going to be 100x better than this one.

To all my readers: "You smart. You loyal. You grateful. I appreciate that" -*DJ Khaled voice* I really can't thank y'all enough for sticking with me through all these spaced out updates♡

*************************************

*Keyanna*

"You really want to do this shit? You think this the only way Aug?" Denzel questioned. I stared in horror at the scene in front of me. Denzel had a gun pointed at August while they stood staring at each other. Either they hadn't noticed us, or they didn't care, because neither of them had turned our way. Kiara and I had been gone no longer than an hour, and this is what we walked back in on.

"You don't know what I'm goin' through. Nobody knows. I wish you could put yourself inside my shoes," August stated slowly. The fact that he hadn't been sleeping right, and was probably high at the moment, had his eyes low and bloodshot. He looked out of it.

"Alright if this is what you want just tell me and I'll pull the trigger. I'll put you outta all your misery," Denzel shrugged. I continued to watch this scene unfold, not fully comprehending anything that was happening.

"What the fuck? Did we miss somethin'?" Kiara asked when she came through the door and saw what was going on. They turned to look at us, finally noticing that we were in the room. August briefly glanced at us before shifting his attention to the floor. Denzel slowly lowered his gun as he turned back to face August.

"Are y'all just gon' stand there, or is somebody going to explain what happened?" I inquired. Thankfully, Kimberly was sleep and didn't have to witness any of this.

"Ask this suicidal nigga," Denzel mumbled walking off to a room in the back. I knew August had been depressed these past few days but I didn't think he was suicidal. August shook his head and walked off in the direction of his room.

Kiara and I exchanged a brief glance before she went after Denzel. I laid Kimberly on the couch and went to find August. I made my way into his room and slowly walked in. I closed the door behind me and took a seat on the floor beside him. He kept his focus on the blunt he was smoking, not once shifting to look at me.

"So your life is so fucked up that the only option you could think of was suicide?" I questioned after a few minutes of sitting in silence. He's been acting different ever since Mel's funeral. At first I thought it was just grief, but now I think there's more to his strange actions than what he's telling me. He gets up and leaves at random times without any explanation. In the few hours he is home during the day, he barely speaks to anybody.

"Denzel already gave me a long ass speech, I don't need another one. Y'all just don't understand," he said quietly.

"If anybody understands, it's me. I lost a brother too. I know how it feels," I shot back.

"It's not just the fact that Mel is dead. There's so much goin' on right now. My life is complicated," he mumbled.

"How about you try explaining. What could possibly be so bad that you don't want to live anymore?" I questioned. I was trying to be understanding and supportive, but he was being difficult. None of us can help him if he doesn't tell us what's wrong.

"Don't worry about it, it's nothin'," he responded simply.

"I can't pretend like you didn't try to kill yourself. This is serious, what's wrong with you?" I asked. He took one last hit from the blunt and put it out before glancing over at me.