Chapter 15- Multiple Personalities

This chapter is dedicated to @dopelife because she encouraged me to update early and @BlessedIam because I loved her comment on the last chapter!!!

******************************************

Keyanna's POV

It has been 3 weeks since that day. The day that changed my life. I wish I could say that August came back and saved me, but it didn't happen that way. There was no one there to save me. I was all alone. He raped me, then walked away like nothing had happened. I was in shock the first few days, but I managed to play it off whenever I was around August and Denzel. A few times they had asked if I was okay, but for the most part, nobody noticed a difference in me.

I had learned to hide my emotions right after Kendrick died. I remember a distant relative coming up to me and telling me that I had to be strong for my mom. That's exactly what I did. I shed a single tear at the funeral, and after that I didn't ever cry in front of my mom. I thought crying was a sign of weakness, and I couldn't be weak in front of her. There were many nights I cried myself to sleep, but I never let a tear fall when my mom was around. It was my job to hold her while she was crying, and let her know that things would get better.

I had no intention of telling August, or any of them, what had happened. There were many reasons I didn't want to tell them, one being that I knew all hell would break loose. As long as he didn't hurt Kimberly, I was fine. I hadn't had any problems with him since that night, so I figured it was a one time thing. I had thought about moving in with August and Mel, but I was still undecided about what to do. Huey was already mad about me talking to the boys, so there's no telling what he would do if I went to stay with them.

I realized that I had been staring into space, so I focused back on the group. We had got bored and decided to come to the park. All of us were here, except Mel of course. He was rarely with us these days, and when he was here, he seemed distant. We had all tried talking to him, but he never told us what was bothering him.

"Denzel, can I use your car to go to the store real quick?" Kiara asked. Denzel shot her look that suggested that she should already know the answer to that question.

"No, I've learned my lesson already," Denzel answered.

"Why? I'm just going down the street," Kiara responded persistently.

"Why can't she use your car?" August asked.

"She drives 10x worse than CJ in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas! I let her drive once last week and we got pulled over because the cop thought she was a drunk driver. I was scared for my life the whole ride home. She ran over a squirrel and almost hit this little old lady crossing the street," Denzel said seriously. 

"I didnt kill it on purpose! The squirrel ran  in front of the car as soon as I got close to it. The old lady was going to slow, so I went around her. I don't drive that bad," Kiara said defending herself.

"I would rather walk 10 miles with no shoes on in 115º weather on hot asphalt, then ride with you. I'm sorry, but you will never be able to drive my car again," Denzel responded. He was still so serious, he treated his car like it was his  baby. He had even named it Chantel.

I was silent during the whole conversation, today just wasn't my day. I looked up to check on Kimberly, and saw that she was playing with 2 other little kids. She looked so happy and that was enough to bring a small smile to my face. I turned back to the group and Kiara was still trying to change Denzel's mind. We all just watched because we knew Kiara wouldn't be going to that store any time soon.

"Baby, I've been looking everywhere for you," this random girl said approahing our table. We all turned to look at her. I assumed she was talking to Marcus, but I was shocked when I heard August speak.