Chapter 9- Good Plans

*This chapter is dedicated to my amazing cousin @i_am_amazayn_. She is my biggest motivator and her support means so much to me. She has helped out so much with the plot of this story, and I can't thank her enough!! Go check out her story called Downtown ( its a really good August fan fic!! )

********************************************

Keyanna POV

After Denzel walked us in, he laid Kimberly on the bed and then turned to me.

"Are you gonna be okay?" he asked. I had been crying non-stop since we left the trap.

"Yeah," I said slowly.

"Ill call you tomorrow," he said before hugging me . Mel had got me a phone to repay me for bailing Marcus out. I tried to decline his offer, but he insisted that I keep it.

"Okay," I replied.

After Denzel left, I made sure that Kimberly was sleep, and went to take a shower. I had to get all the blood off of me. It was a painful reminder of what had just happened.

*********************

I got out of the shower and walked back to the room. I froze in my tracks when I saw Huey sitting on my bed. He looked up when he heard me enter the room. He stood up and slowly walked over to me.

"Where have you been all day?" he asked, while looking down at me.

"Out with friends," I simply replied. I tried to stay calm and hide my fear.

"Who was that boy that came in hear?" he questioned.

"My friend," I said, not thinking that he needed to know Denzel's name.

He looked somewhat angered and annoyed at my responses. He let out a small chuckle before saying, " You and Kimberly can't leave this house unless I say so."

I was terrified at the thought of having to stay here more than I alrady did. I stood in my place, too shocked to say anything.

"I also don't want you talking to that boy again, I don't think your mom would appreciate that," he said, leaning closer to me. He was close enough for me to smell the alcohol on his breath. I mentally rolled my eyes. We went from living with a crackhead to living with an alcoholic. I just hopped he didn't try anything. 

When I didn't respond, he kissed my forehead and walked out. I closed the door and made sure it was locked before I got in bed. My mind went back to Rodney's body. I couldve sworn that I felt a pulse, but Mel told me he was gone. Maybe I was just imagining things, but something seemed strange about the situation.

I put that to the back of my mind and focused on how to get away from Huey. As long as he was sober he didn't seem like a bad person. I had already decided that I was still going to leave whenever I wanted to even if that meant sneaking out.

*********************

When I woke up the next morning Kimberly was already awake. She was sitting on the ground playing with some dolls the boys had bought for her. They all loved her and she loved them as well. It was amazing how close we had grown in the few weeks we had known each other.

"Good morning Kim," I said to her while sitting up in the bed.

"Good morning. Can we see my uncles today?" she asked as she came over to me.

I chuckled at how eager she was to get back to them. Then I remembered everything that had happened yesterday. I began wondering how I was going to tell Mel who I had seen yesterday. I knew that the longer I waited, the harder it would be to tell him. I decided to just tell him the next time we were all together.