Chapter 8- What Could Go Wrong??

This chapter is dedicated to @Bossette95. Your comment on the last chapter really made my day!! Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment! It pushes me to write..... I may not respond to all of them, but I do see them and I really appreciate all of them!! <3

******************************************

Keyanna POV

It had been 3 weeks since the day I bailed Marcus out of jail. He had went to court last week and the judge gave him 350 hours of community service, and he has to talk to "at risk" teenage boys every Saturday for a month. He has to tell them about how drugs can ruin your life. Over this time I had become close with all the boys. We saw each other almost everyday. Kimberly grew to love them as if they were her uncles, but she was closest to Denzel. I saw Denzel, Rodney, Marcus, and Mel (King told me to call him that last week) as big brothers. August was a different story. We had a strange relationship. Sometimes we acted like best friends, but there were other times when we couldn't stand each other. I think we were too much alike. It was almost like trying to be friends with myself.

I had managed to stay away from home for most of this time. I was either at the park, at Mrs. Roberts' house,  or with the boys. The only time I was at home was at nights, and early in the morning. Huey had tried to hold a conversation with me a few times, but I always came up with an excuse to leave.

Right now, Kimberly and I, were at Mel's house with the rest of the guys. They were talking about somebody who had been shooting at a lot of thier younger workers.

"Have any of yall pissed somebody off recently?" Mel asked the group.

They all thought for a moment before shaking their heads.

"Do you think they want all of us or one person specifically? " Rodney asked.

"I don't know. They might be trying to take us all down," Mel responded with a sigh.

"Call everyone and tell them to meet at the  trap in 45 minutes, " Mel said after a few minutes of silence.

"Do you want August to stay here with you when we leave or do you want me to take you home?" Denzel turned to ask me. This was one of the times when August and I weren't getting along.  I didn't want to stay here with him, but I really didnt want to go home.

"Can I come with y'all? " I asked, knowing that Mel was going to say no. He said that the trap was no place for Kimberly, or me.

"No," Mel said without even thinking.

"Please, you won't even know we're there. We can just sit off to the side, " I siad, hoping to change his mind.

"No, right now it's not safe. If something happened to one of you I wouldn't be able to live with myself," Mel l said, still dismissing my idea.

"What if something happens to us here or at home? You might have been able to prevent it if you let us come with you. What could go wrong?" I questioned. I was a very persistent person.

Mel thought about what I had said for a while before saying, "I guess you can come this one time,".

I smiled, happy that I had avoided going home or staying with August.

**************

About 35 minutes later we made it to the trap. It was a small house that blended in with all the homes around it. We walked in, and I followed the boys to a room atvthe front of the house. Denzel was carrying Kimberly, but he passed her to me after we sat down. We  sat there talking and waited as boys started filling the room. By the time Mel started talking, there was about 20 people in the room.