Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Liam!" I heard someone call my name from down the hall as I got my books out of my locker.

"Hey Ni!" I called back, closing my locker.

Niall ran to me and hugged me. "Hey Li-Li! Did you hear about the dance coming up?"

I laughed and said, "Yes, Ni. I was the one who made the announcement this morning. Principal Peazer made me do it."

"Oh, right! That was your voice. That's why you came to homeroom later," Niall said.

"Yeah...What about the dance? You got a date?" I asked him, playfully messing his hair.

"Actually, yeah, I do! I asked Demi right after first period and she said 'yes'!" Niall said happily.

"Good for you, Ni!" I said, walking with hi to our next class after lunch, English.

"How about you, Li-Li? Ask anyone yet?" Niall asked.

"No...I'm still thinking about whether or not I should ask anyone, or just go by myself," I replied.

Niall scoffed at me as we walked in the class. We took our regular seats near the front. "Li-Li, you need to take someone to the dance. You're class president, so everyone will be expecting to see you at the dance with some lucky guy."

"Sure, Ni...That's exactly what I'll do. I'll just take someone to the dance - "

"Who happens to be me, Liam? What do you say about us going together?" Sophia cut in, trying to flirt with me.

I chuckled awkwardly and said, "Uh, Sophia...That's nice of you to offer, but I- um....I don't, you know,...like girls that way."

She frowned at me and I heard a chuckle behind me. I turned around and almost fell off my chair when I saw who it was. It just so happened to be a curly haired, green-eyed boy with dimples, chuckling at her. I blinked to make sure I wasn't just seeing things, but he was still there, giving me a small smile and wave.

I gave him a small smile back and turned back to Sophia, who was now sitting on my desk. "Sophia, can you please go to your seat? I need to use my desk for the class," I said to her.

She sighed heavily and reluctantly got off and walked to her desk in the back. I heard another chuckle and I knew it was curly-hair behind me.

I smiled to myself and asked Niall quietly, "Ni...Do you know who 'that' is?"

Niall looked behind me and then looked back at me with wide eyes. "What?" I asked from his expression.

"I'll tell you later...after class is over," Niall whispered back as the teacher started the lesson. I turned to face the front after giving Niall a confused expression and listened to the teacher.

I felt a paper ball thrown on my head, which landed on my desk in front of me. I sighed, feeling annoyed at whoever did it. It was probably some girl or guy trying to ask me to the dance again...I'm really sick of all of them pining for me. This is why I didn't want this dance to happen - I'm getting suffocated by all of them!

I reluctantly straightened the paper out in front of me and read it.

The name's Harry. 

That's all the note said and I was still confused. Who was Harry? I never heard of anyone named that at this school...

I heard someone clear his throat behind me and I looked back at curly-hair. He smirked at me and pointed to the paper, then to himself. My eyes widened as I understood that it was from him. Oh! So his name is Harry...Well, that was weird and unexpected. He just threw it at me to tell me his name? Did he hear me ask Niall about who he was? Was I that loud?