Chapter 27

Chapter 27

He left me standing at the driveway, a sobbing and tearful mess. El came up behind me and wrapped her arms to comfort me. But it didn't work. I want Liam's arms to comfort me. Just Liam's! No one else can make me feel better! I want Liam back! I miss him so much...

I heard Louis running to me and hauled me up. I was still a sobbing mess as he held me with El and they pulled me back in the house. They sat me on the couch with our parents and hugged me.

"Oh, Harry. I'm so sorry about that," Mum said, putting her hand on my knee. I sniffled and kept crying.

"I wonder why Liam just left like that. Everything was perfect between you guys, right?" El asked.

I nodded and sniffled again. "H- he s- said he h- had to go. I d- don't know w- why," I stuttered out, feeling empty inside.

"Then he shouldn't have just left like that. There had to be some reason why he 'had to leave'," Louis said thoughtfully.

"He wouldn't tell me," I said in a whisper. I miss Liam...I just wanna curl up into a ball and die. I can't live without him anymore. Nothing is worth it.

"I'll call Karen and see what she says about this. Maybe Liam told her about it," Mum said and got up to use the phone.

"Mum, please don't. I- I can't...I don't want to know why he left," I said, my voice barely over a whisper and raspily.

"Harry, we know you want to know why Liam just left all of a sudden. We just want to help you," she said and put the phone to her ear.

We listened to it ring twice before Karen's voice sounded through it. "Hello?"

"Hi Karen. It's Anne," Mum said.

"Oh! Hi Anne! Nice to hear from you agai- What? Sorry, Anne. Hold on a minute. Liam is saying something important apparently," Karen said and probably covered the phone with her hand. I whimpered at hearing his name and heard them mumbling on the other line.

"Liam...ridiculous. Why would you do that?" we heard Karen say to Liam.

He groaned and said, "Mum, just hang up. They just wanna know why I left. And I gotta go now."

"Liam! Where are you going? Talk to him!" Karen raised her voice, making us hear her more clearly.

"Bye Mum. I'll be back later tonight. Please just take care of Danny while I'm out," he said and probably walked out.

Karen called him back and then sighed. She spoke into the phone again, sounding sad and confused. "Anne, I'm so sorry about Liam. I can't believe he just left like that."

"Do you know why? Because we just want to understand why it happened so suddenly," Mum said, giving me a sad look.

"I'm afraid I don't. He wouldn't tell me and I just found out when he came home. Then he just left. He didn't tell me where he was going," Karen replied.

"Okay. Thank you for trying, Karen. Just let us know if you find out."

"Sure thing. Tell Harry I'm sorry for Liam's behaviour. I'll figure out as much as I can," she said and hung up.

Mum put the phone down and went to sit beside me. "I'm sorry that didn't help, sweetie. But I'm sure Karen will figure out soon. And maybe Liam will come back and apologize. He loves you; don't forget that."

"Maybe he did, but not anymore," I said and got up from the couch to go upstairs. They all sighed sadly and let me be.

"You didn't see him though. Liam was like...completely different when he came back. He looked so emotionless and just walked in then walked out. He barely looked at Harry, let alone answered him. It was weird," El said as I made it up the stairs.