Chapter 17

Chapter 17

*Liam's POV*

"I do?" I asked, confused.

Harry nodded and sighed, looking back up at my eyes. "Niall, Zayn, and Andy are in that group." 

"What?!" I exclaimed, wide-eyed. What is he talking about? They wouldn't be in that group. Why would they? And how would they even get in that group? How is this possible? WHAT?!

"Liam...It's true," Eleanor said after a few seconds of me internally panicking.

Louis nodded and looked up at me. "They're part of that group, all right. They've been trying to hunt us for the past 4 months."

"Why- ...How is that-...But they wouldn't-...They knew?" I stuttered out, completely shocked and confused.

"Yeah...They've known for a few month now. They're still considered new to being vampire hunters though. They're still not as trained as others," Harry said, looking at me pleadingly. As if just by looking at me like that would make me understand how everything has been.

But it all clicked into place. "That's why they've changed over the summer. They wouldn't tell me about any of it when I asked them, but I just let it go. They weren't hurt or anything. They just changed their personalities a bit. Like, they're more on the edge now," I said aloud.

"It's probably good that they didn't get you involved. Who knows what could have happened to you, Liam, if you had joined them?" Anne said, frowning.

"That doesn't mean that they don't still want Liam to join though," Mark said suddenly.

Harry tightened his grip on my hand and glared at Mark. "And what exactly do you mean by that, Mark? Are you saying that they want Liam to join they're stupid little group?" he said quite harshly.

"Harry," Anne scolded him and I put my other hand on his hands, rubbing circles on them to calm him down. Harry relaxed a bit, but still glared at Mark.

Mark cleared his throat and said, "Let me explain what I mean. Liam is well-known throughout the city. They probably know that if they can get Liam, then more people will join the hunters. You know, like follow the leader."

Harry continued to glare and made a noise come from his mouth. I think it sounded like...a growl?! What the heck, Harry?

Robin nodded and said, "That does make sense, Mark. And Harry, before you pounce on Mark, try and understand his theory."

"But Dad! How could you even think that? Liam wouldn't join something like that! He knows what danger it would put us in! And not just us, but the rest of the vampires around the world. More people will know about us, and hunt us until we're extinct," Harry exclaimed.

"I know, Harry. But what Mark is saying does make sense; whether you wanna believe it or not. We just have to make sure that Liam stays away from the 'Blood Hunters' organization," Robin said, looking at me.

"That's right, Harry...and Liam. Hun, you're gonna have to stay away from your friends. Or at least be cautious around them," Anne said to me.

I blinked at her, then slowly turned to Harry. "When they warned me about you, telling me you were 'dangerous',...?" I trailed off into a question.

Harry nodded and said, "Yeah...They meant about me being a vampire."

"Wait a minute. They told you to stay away from Harry?" Louis said sharply. I turned to him and nodded slowly, nervous from his tone.

"And you didn't believe them, did you?" Eleanor asked.

I shook my head and said, "No, I didn't. I didn't know Harry yet, and I didn't want to judge him before I even met him. That wouldn't have been fair to him, or anyone."