Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Liam's POV*

I woke up with a headache and feeling really tired. I couldn't sleep properly because I kept worrying about Niall and Zayn. I tried to call them back, but they wouldn't answer, or it would just go straight to voicemail. What if something happened to them? What if they're hurt? What if I never see them again?

I dressed up slowly, trying to calm my breathing from my near panic attack of worrying so much about them. I shook my head and styled my hair into a quiff in my bathroom. 

I headed downstairs to the kitchen and was greeted by my mum, eating her breakfast.

"Morning, mum," I said and sat at the table with a plate of food on it.

"Morning sweetie. Why do you look so tired? Did you not sleep well last night?" my mum asked in her worried voice.

I shook my head and said, "No. When I called back Niall last night, he sounded so worried. Then I heard noises in the background like someone was getting hurt. I even heard Zayn's voice twice. I tried to ask him what that was, but he said not to worry about it and hung up on me. I'm worried that they got hurt, Mum."

My mum stayed silent for a moment, looking shocked and thoughtful. Then she regained her composure and smiled at me. "Liam, hunny, don't worry about Niall and Zayn. I'm sure they're just fine, like they said. You'll probably see them today at school. You worry too much."

I was still processing my mum's reaction to what I said about Niall and Zayn, but decided to shrug it off. Maybe she knew and didn't want to tell me...Or maybe she just didn't know herself, but somehow knew they were okay. Either way, I'm gonna find out from them. My mum would tell me anyways if she knew.

"Yeah...maybe you're right, mum. I can always ask them when I see them at school," I said, smiling back at her and got up to put my plate in the sink to wash it.

"Oh, just leave it there, sweetie; I can wash it. And don't ask them about it when you see them. If they wanted you to know, then they would just tell you, right?" my mum said, getting up and washing my dishes.

I nodded and sighed. "I guess...But Mum, what if they don't tell me? Like they don't trust me to know what they're up to? I don't think I could just keep pretending like I don't care when I clearly do."

My mum smiled at me and patted my back lightly. "I'm sure they trust you, Liam. Maybe they just need time to figure out how to tell you. Niall and Zayn care about you, so maybe keeping whatever it is a secret is for the better."

"If they trust me so much, they should just tell me..." I muttered and my mum laughed. She definitely heard me.

"Oh, Liam. You worry too much, sweetie. Just wait for them to be ready and they'll tell you someday. You are such a good boy; I hope you stay that way," my mum said to me, holding my face in her hands.

"Mum...I have question. Is-.....Is it true that everyone has secrets?" I asked hesitantly, watching her face for a reaction.

My mum looked taken aback, her eyes widening, but that quickly faded. She softly smiled at me, and laughed lightly. "Oh, sweetie...Where did you hear that from?"

"Harry told me last night when I texted him. Remember? My drama partner?" I said, looking at her curiously.

My mum laughed nervously and looked away from me. "Oh right...him. Well, I don't really know how to answer that question, Liam. I don't know if everyone has secrets. YOU probably don't being an open book and everything."