Chapter 5 - 'Morning breath'

I wake up the next morning and feel that Hunter's arm is slung over my waist. I grab his wrist and pull his arm off me, applying pressure. He cries out, waking up.

"What the fuck?!"

"I'm not your teddy bear; keep your hands to yourself." I tell him, letting go of his wrist.

"You like it really." He says coming closer, winking. I draw back.

"Ew, you have disgusting morning breath." I inform him. He smirks and breathes on me. I gag.

"Thanks." He says sarcastically.

"You know I have a better sense of smell." I respond.

"Nope, I'm still hurt." He says. I roll my eyes and push his shoulder. "Oh, so we're doing that now? You know you can't win, right?" He asks, pushing me off the bed onto the floor, catching me unaware. I laugh as I look up at Hunter, who is leaning over the edge of the bed smirking. I jump up and onto him, pushing his hands back into the bed.

"I win." I taunt.

"I think I'm the one that won." He replies looking at me on top of him. My smile fades slightly, as I lean down towards him. A ringing sound cuts through the silence. I look around confused. I realise then that it was the home phone. No one ever calls it; I don't know who even has the number. I roll off Hunter and pick up the phone on the bedside table.

"Hello?" I ask into the receiver.

"Miss Hades?"

"Yes?"

"Are your parents there?"

"No. Who is this?"

"This is the school." I sit up in bed.

"What can I do for you?" I ask. Hunter gives me a querying look. I wave him off.

"I would like to know why you haven't been attending school last week and yesterday. Where have you been?" The Principal asks.

"I've been away." I respond quickly.

"Well now that you're back, you can come to school."

"I'll be there today; couldn't you have talked to me then?" I ask. Looks like I have to go back to school, sooner than I wanted.

"Well, school started half an hour ago."

"Really?" I look over to the clock and see she was right.

"If I hear you aren't here by next period, I will be contacting your parents. I thought that Adrian had caught up to you." I guess she knew Kyle was talking about me in the assembly.

"OK." I sigh. I hang up the phone and put it back on the bedside table. "We need to go to school." I tell Hunter.

*^*^*

We walk through the doors of the school as the bell rings. I look around and see a couple of my dad's guards standing in the hall. It is weird seeing them here; I haven't been to school since they have been introduced. Are they expecting Kyle to show his face? Hunter reaches for my hand.

"What do you think you're doing? Are you scared of them?" I ask. He laughs sarcastically.

"If you want to try to kill yourself again, or someone else, then I won't hold your hand." He says. I groan and go to take his hand, but the hallway fills with students, creating a buzz from the noise, and splitting me and Hunter apart. I then see something that has me wishing Hunter was still near. Kyle is poking his head out of the door of his classroom. I look around at the guards waiting for them to see him, but they do nothing. Is this all in my head? To find out, I walk to the closest guard, he was the one that helped me torture Adrian.

"Why are you not getting him?" I ask loudly, pointing to where Kyle was. When Kyle sees me looking at him, he gives me a small wave. I stick my middle finger up in reply. Kyle chuckles. I turn my glare to the guard.

"Who?" He asks.

"The abominable snowman. Who do you think? Kyle." I reply.

"Where?" He asks looking around frantically. He looks right at him, but doesn't show anything to say he is seeing him. It's all in my head.

"Don't worry, I was just testing your reaction times, he's not here." I say, trying to sound light. The guard sighs. I look back to where Kyle is and see that there is more than one again, in the hallway. Slowly everyone in the hallway becomes Kyle. I am surrounded by Kyle at all angles.

"I am everywhere; you can't get away from me. Hunter will not always be there to keep me out." They all say at the same time. I cry out, as a hand clasps mine. I look around and see that everyone in the hall is looking at me. No more Kyle in sight, just humans and three demons who think I'm crazy.

Here you go! Hope you liked it! The next part should be about a week. :)

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)