Chapter 48 - Stepping Outside

I look around, bored already. If I was back on Earth I could put the TV on or do something outside of my room. I was looking forward to coming back, as I had missed the scenery and everyday life of Hell and wanted to explore it again, but my desires were dashed when I laid my eyes upon it from my dad's study window. It didn't exactly look welcoming. Hell doesn't usually look welcoming, and I like that, that it's not welcoming but to me it is home. So for me to think it doesn't look welcoming, it must be bad. Everyone looks and feels on edge around the house, as if they haven't left the house once since I left. I could feel myself becoming on edge with them, and I knew if I stayed around any longer I would be out of here before you could say 'what the fuck is going on?' So that's how I arrived where I am now, sitting in my room, bored out of my mind. Tybalt and I had played around for a while, but Tybalt could sense something was wrong and soon after we had quickly stopped. I tried to read a book, but my mind was preoccupied elsewhere, like what had my dad found out about Reid? Why had Hell... gone to Hell? I chuckle at it the whole situation. Chaos is meant to be what Hell is all about, but when my dad is worried about the amount, I am too. He's lived through wars both on Earth and off, with repercussions in our world, but it seems like nothing like this has happened before. What made Kyle change his mind? He seemed fine and his normal self when I first saw him on Earth. I rub my eyes, before moving my hands down my face, looking around. I'm so used to everything on Earth that it feels weird. I look down at Tybalt and see that he's looking up at me, but I can see that he's itching to get out of here like me.

What am I doing? I'm the daughter of Hades and have got through all the shit Kyle put me through; I can face some misbehaving demons!

"Want to go for a walk buddy?" He jumps to his feet almost instantaneously. I give a small laugh as I get up and off my bed, Tybalt following behind. I move past all the skittish guards, and down the stairs. I move to the doors and rest my hand on one handle. The time that I take to pause, and second guess my decision, allows my dad to catch me.

"Where are you going?"

"Isn't it obvious? Out."

"And who said you could?" he asks moving beside me, putting his hand on the door stopping me. I move my hand to the other door as I reply.

"I did. I had a conversation with myself and came to the conclusion that I'm going to be the next 'devil' figure, and they should start to fear me and learn to not underestimate me and what I can do. I have Tybalt anyway if they start acting up, don't I?" I ask aiming the last bit to the subject, who growls menacingly as if to confirm. I stroke his head, as I look back up to my dad. He looks skeptical for a moment, his eyes holding worry. "Dad! I'm fine, if anything what Kyle did to me made me stronger." He stays silent for a moment longer, before letting out a breath.

"Fine. Be careful," he tells me seriously. I nod and tell him I will be. He gives me another worried glance before turning and returning the way he came.

"Ready boy?" I ask Tybalt as I push the door open. I breathe in the familiar sulfuric air as I step out into the heat I have missed. I quickly shut the door behind me, keeping my eyes on the demons walking past. The guards stand taller and look even more ready for attacks when they see me. A servant runs to my side asking what they can do for me. I wave them away, not giving them a second glance.

I go to step away from the building behind me, when I am stopped by a guard, much like with my father.

"Madam, I wouldn't do that if I were you. It's unsafe," he warns. I turn my gaze to him, before replying.

"Really? Well, let the fun begin," I say almost jovially. I hear the sounds of him saying something else but they are swallowed up by the sounds of Hell, which seem to be amplified more than usual. I look up and around me, and see that the air holds vulture like animals which are rarely seen. As I examine them, and step forwards, my foot continues down past where there should have been hard stone, causing me to tumble down into the large crack in the floor. I feel the familiar flickering on my skin of the flames, as I look up to where I should have been standing. I know all the pits and holes in Hell, and could walk around them blindfolded, so obviously this has opened recently. I look up through the red haze which is coming off the lava like substance I'm floating it, and see that I have fallen quite a distance. I groan and start to try and figure a way out of my predicament.

Here you go my little devils!

I hope you liked it!

Chapters becoming free on Radish: Chapter 50 - 7 days. Chapter 51 - 14 days. Chapter 52 - 21 days.

If you read on Radish the chapter is going to be going up tomorrow instead!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)