Chapter 21 - Clive.

I enter the building, and look around. As usual it is busy with people walking to their different destinations. I put two fingers in my mouth, and let out a loud whistle. It was one of the first ever things that my dad taught me, saying it would come in handy, and it has more than once. It causes everyone in the entrance to stop and look around trying to ascertain where the sound came from, and Hunter to flinch away rubbing his ear.

"Thanks for the warning." He tells me sarcastically, but still he has an underlying tone of annoyance and anger at the situation. At least he's talking to me.

I remember the awaiting people in the entrance hall, and turn back to address them.

"Take me to your leader!" I shout, only getting weird looks in response.

"OK... Just tell me where he is then." I continue.

"He's in his office." Hunter says, rolling his eyes. He grabs my arm, pulling me with him. "You didn't need to do that, when he calls us in, he's waiting for us in his office."

"Oh well." I reply.

I follow behind Hunter to the office. As Hunter knocks on the door, I freeze. I've not been back here since I was knifed and Reid found out what I am. Reid calls for us to come in, sounding slightly desperate. Hunter pushes open the door and my eyes zero in on the couch that changed everything. It might sound dramatic, but it's true. If I hadn't have told him what I am, he wouldn't have been mad at me, meaning he wouldn't have followed me and got injured. He then wouldn't have been in the process of turning into a demon. However, Kyle might have shot him anyway if he was human. I tear my eyes away from staring at the couch and turn them Reid. Unfortunately by doing that, I see Tiffany sitting on the desk facing him. She's swinging her legs and fiddling with her bleached hair. I roll my eyes, and mimic her. She continues not realising that I was copying her every move. Reid notices and tries to hide a grin.

"OMG, Reid Baby, you are so funny!" I exclaim mimicking Tiffany's high pitch, annoying voice, using her endearment for him. Tiffany freezes in her movements and turns around to see me and Hunter in the doorway. She blushes when she sees my hand in my hair. I give her a grin.

"Did I get it right?" I ask. All I get in reply is Tiffany showing me a derisive smile before turning back to Reid. I guess I was correct after all.

"What is she doing here? She ruined my party by inviting hundreds of her deadbeat, waste of space friends." Tiffany moans to Reid. I roll my eyes.

"She is right here with a name, and to be honest, I think I made your party better. Most of the people there were from your boyfriend's gang, so by disrespecting them you're disrespecting your precious Reid Baby." I tell her, forcing out the word boyfriend. She throws a glare over her right shoulder.

"Tha- That's not what I meant." She rushes. "Can't you get rid of her? We can then continue what we started." She pouts, rubbing her hand up and down his chest.

"No." Reid says firmly, pushing her hand away. "I called them in."

"Why?" She asks. I scoff, is it really any of her business?

"Because I needed to talk to Hunter..." He starts.

"What about her?" She continues to push for an answer. I lift my hands up and pretend to throttle her, wishing I could actually do it, without the fear of having her follow me home to Hell. Reid's eyes look to my hands, and they show longing for the same thing. I cock my head to the side silently asking if he will allow me to. Unfortunately he shakes his head, mouthing to me 'Father'. Well that's a bitch; we wouldn't be able to do it without being found out by her police father. I sigh and allow my hands to fall down by my sides.