A Christmas In Hell (One Shot)

I have just realised that the calendar that I am using to keep track of the timeline in their universe is a 2016 one, not 2015! I just put it together as I was writing War of Fate, therefore Hades' Daughter is set in 2016! I feel like an idiot for only just putting two and two together! Duh! ;) I could just say I did it on purpose, because I am majorly editing Hades' Daughter at the moment.

One year ago.
Earth Date: 25th December 2015. Location: Hell.

I wake to Tybalt licking my face. I chuckle as I push his face away from me.

"Tybalt get off." I instruct through my laughter. He backs off and looms over me as he stands on my bed.

"Come here." I say patting the bed beside me, and he falls down next to me making the bed bounce slightly. His tongue hangs out the side of his mouth as he looks up at me, a happy look on his face. I scratch behind his ear as I listen to the house. I hear the guards walking up and down the hallways. I listen more closely to see whether my dad is up yet. There is no specific times down here, but there is a day and night. You can gauge how long is left of the day by how light it is. If there was any specific times it would be confusing as there are different time zones up on Earth. As well there being no time, there are no dates. However we try to keep up with the dates on Earth so there is some structure to the time down here for the demons. I look to the Earth calendar which is situated on my bedside table and see that it's the 25th December. I had have a faint recollection that today was celebrated in some cultures on Earth, and I couldn't remember why. I wrack my brains, and then it comes to me. It was Christmas. It was the time of year when they celebrated the son of God, a man called Jesus' birth. It was also a time when a fat man in a red suit goes down peoples chimneys to give presents. Humans also exchange gifts with each other. When I first asked my dad about it, and if we could celebrate it, the answer was no. He didn't get the point. Forming a plan for the day in my head, I cuddle Tybalt closer.

"This year I'm going to celebrate Christmas." I tell him.

*^*^*^*

After getting up and dressed I run down the stairs to catch my dad before he goes into the dining room. I get to the bottom of the stairs to find my dad walking out of the hallway leading to his office.

"Hey, what's got you in a good mood today?" My dad asks.

"Do you know what day it is?" I ask excitedly. He sighs rolling his eyes.

"No, you're bound to tell me though!" He states walking towards the dining room.

"It's Christmas!" I let him know walking after him.

"And?"

"I thought we could celebrate it by getting each other gifts." I suggest.

"So, you're asking me to celebrate something just so you can get a free gift from me? Not happening." He tells me sitting down in his chair.

"Oh, come on dad. Don't be a grumpy devil." I tell him with a pout.

"No. I'm busy anyway."

"What with?" I pester sitting down in my own chair.

"Stuff." He tells me gruffly. I grin at catching him out.

"Really? What kind of stuff?" I ask.

"Important stuff. Now stop asking." He instructs.

"Uh huh. Okay." I tell him. He snorts with laughter and I join him.

"What are we all laughing about?" Kyle asks walking into the room. I grin back at him.

"Dad's a liar." I tell him.

"I would never have guessed that." Kyle states sarcastically.

"Is there something wrong?" My dad asks.