Chapter 12 - 'What's up with them?'

Here it is!!! Thank you all for not giving up on this book when I said I would be posting on Radish!! I'm truly sorry that there is a wait as a result. I haven't posted anything else in the last 4 weeks (as I have been on vacation) so unfortunately there will be a month's wait again until Chapter 14 (which I will be posting today on Radish). However, the good news is that as I start updating on Radish weekly now, in a month's time they will be weekly on here!! :)

Some of you have requested more photos for the characters, so I will be posting them again. This is really close to what I think Jake looks like ^^^. I have also got photos for both of Hunter's other friends (Liam and Leo). I think some of you asked for Meredith and Tybalt, so I will try and find them as well. Is there anyone else that you would like me to find?

Now onto the part you have been waiting for! :)

As Leo, Liam, Jake and Hunter are going; the others decide to leave too. Once they have all said goodbye, loudly may I add making my headache even worse, I am left with an empty house, not knowing what to do with myself. Slowly, it sinks in that Hunter won't be here if Kyle tries anything. I think about calling him, asking him to come back, but I don't want to bother him. I also don't want to rely on him. I decide to get out of the house, and to somewhere that has more people. I'll feel safer, and I won't be here alone, worrying about it. I grab a bag of blood, pouring it into a mug, before running upstairs to choose something to wear. I grab a pair of high waisted, cut off denim shorts, a burgundy loose of the shoulder top and a pair of wedge sandals. I complete the outfit with a long necklace and a pair of sunglasses. I go back into my closet and pick out a grey handbag. I fill it with one of the many books I bought when my dad has brought me up to earth in the past, and all the things I need. I quickly do my makeup and hair naturally, before looking myself over in the mirror. My hangover doesn't feel so bad now that I have gotten dressed, and had some blood. I walk downstairs and outside, grabbing the keys to my car in the way. I look up and see that it is a sunny day, with no trace of a cloud in the sky. I put the roof down, and put the radio on low. I decide to go to the beach where I first met Reid. I really need a reminder of the old him right now.

*^*^*

I put the car into park, and look out the window. The beach is bustling with people. Images of meeting Reid come to the forefront of my mind. I sigh, reaching for my bag as the roof rises back up. I open the door, and step out onto the pavement. I get a few stares, but I ignore them. I walk down onto the beach to find an empty spot. I drop down onto the sand. I take my phone out of my bag, and see that I have 3 missed calls from my dad. Worried, I call him back.

"Dad? You wanted to talk to me?" I ask as it connects. I lean my arm on my bent knees, running my hand through my hair.

"Yes. I do. I want to know why you haven't been to school today." He inquires. I groan. I forgot it was school today. I bring the phone down from my ear and look at the time. 15.03. I return it to my ear.

"We had a party last night, and I slept in. There's no point in me going now." I explain.

"OK, please remember to go tomorrow. You wanted to have the experience on earth, so I expect you to go through with everything." He tells me. I exhale loudly before agreeing.

"How was the party?" He asks.

"Good, there were no deaths." I tell him. He chuckles.

"I am visiting your uncles and aunts today." He lets me know.

"Mmhm?" I encourage him to carry on.

"Poseidon was telling me about something he saw." My dad says, trying to hold back a laugh. I groan, pinching the bridge of my nose.