Chapter 40 - Double Trouble

This awesome cover was made for Hades' Daughter by MajesticMoonlight! I love it! <3 as always if anyone else wants to send me anything, PM me! I love to see what you make!

What feels like centuries go by, without hearing anything or seeing anyone. The loneliness and boredom gets to me, making my mind wander to what it will be like in a century had gone by. Hunter and Reid will be dead. Wait, would they? I've never found out what Reid is. He was taken by Kyle, but does that mean he's a demon. Is he actually dead? I should change that. Hunter, and Reid if he's human, will be dead. That's if I don't change them. If it isn't romantically, I still want Hunter in my life as a friend. I will have taken over from my father who would be enjoying 'retirement'. Or would I? If Kyle succeeds he'll be in charge. I groan and stop thinking about it, there are so many uncertainties in the future it all depends on whether we defeat Kyle. If we don't it won't just have an effect on Hell and my uncles and aunts in Olympus, but it'll also have an effect on Earth.

My stomach rumbles letting me and the empty room know that I am hungry. When I first regained consciousness I had the taste of blood in my mouth, so I know that I was given some. But after that I haven't received any. Reid said that I have been here two days, and I've never been without blood for that long before. All the torture and pain I have experienced mixed with the lack of normal food and water makes it feel like I have gone weeks without it. My body is finding it hard to heal itself, my eyes are heavy with drowsiness, and my demon features are now constantly on display. I want to close my eyes and allow myself some reprieve from the worrying, but I need to be alert at all times. For the time that I was unconscious Kyle could have done anything that he wanted, so I can't let him have that chance again. My head falls forward, as I yawn.

I jolt out of a slumber I didn't know I was in when I hear the door open. I have no indication for how long I was asleep. It could have been minutes or hours. I focus on the person entering and am relieved, and disappointed at the same time, to see that it isn't Kyle.

"Are you going to starve me?" I ask. I wait for a reply or for him to say something else but nothing comes out of his mouth. Instead, he ignores me placing something on the floor. My eyes follow the object and see that it's a radio. The demon fiddles with it before leaving. I narrow my eyes at the radio confused. It's silent, but the light on the front tells me it's on. Suddenly a loud groans sound from the speakers and bounces off the walls.

"What the fuck?! Let me go!" The same voice shouts. It's only then that I realise that I have a live feed to where Reid is captive.

"Reid?" I ask, wondering if he can hear me too. I get no response, causing me to scream out in frustration.

"You bastard! Where is Scar?" Reid continues after I hear the door open over the radio.

"She's safe. For now." Kyle answers.

"What the hell is that?!" I suddenly become wide awake when I hear Reid exclaim his question in fright. Seconds later I hear a loud sound of pain like he's gritting his teeth. This carries on for another two minutes before they stop, and I hear him breathing heavily. Seconds later it starts up all over again. I thrash around wanting to stop his pain, so I don't have to hear it anymore.

"STOP!" I scream at the top of my lungs. The screams abruptly stop, and I don't hear anything else as static takes over the radio. I close my eyes and breathe in, relieved that it stopped.

*^*^*

Days continue to go past, and with each day I get a different kind of torture. Some days Meredith walks in, her torture methods always include leaving me in pain for a long time. Others she's accompanied by Lily, who they have found. And others I am left by myself listening to the tortured cries from Reid. I give up hope on Reid and I being saved. I have learnt to expect the worse whenever I hear the door open, so when I hear it open, and I look up to see Kyle my stomach drops.

"Are you ready to talk without any spitting or breaking of each other's noses?" He asks. I stay silent watching him carefully.

"I'll take that as a yes." He stays by the door, his arms crossed as he leans against the wall. We both stare at each other, me with hate, him uncaring.

"I thought you wanted to talk." I quip. He smirks nodding his head slightly, as if I made a fair comment. "Are you waiting for me? Because we can't talk about the weather if you want that as I can't see it."

"No. I was just going to ask how you enjoyed your date with Reid."

"That's none of your business."

"Oh, really?" He steps forwards and away from the wall making his features change until the waiter from the restaurant is standing in front of me. I let out a loud string of expletives causing Kyle to chuckle as he changes back to his usual self. "I've been following you for a while, waiting outside your home for you so I can get a chance to take you when I need to, getting your routine. I even followed you when you escaped from here. You shouldn't trust people so easily Scare Bear. Did you enjoy our little show?" I am left speechless, no snappy comeback. I didn't trust the Reid I met, I asked him a question to be sure, but because he was following me, he already knew the answer. I kick myself, I had let my heart control me again.

"Why are you even doing this?!" I exclaim.

"Because you may not believe it but I-" He cuts off, listening intently to something outside of the door. He mutters something under his breath before pulling the door open, allowing me to see a demon go flying backwards. What the hell is going on? The door closes behind Kyle before I can look at what's going on any further. I try to listen to what is going on, but everything is silent. All of a sudden the door opens again revealing Reid. Thinking that this is all some act they are putting on, I shout at him.

"Fuck off! Stop torturing me you bastard and just tell me why you have me!" Surprise flickers over his face as he walks closer to me, his hands raised in the air. I shake my head.

"I'm not falling for it again."

"Scar, it's me." He says his hands coming down onto my face, cupping my cheeks. The real Reid would freak out at seeing me as a demon, he forgot about me telling him. I bring my head back and headbutt him, causing him to stumble back holding his nose. The door opens again revealing another Reid. When he looks between us his eyes hold confusion as he lets out a loud shout. He as well isn't surprised to see me as a demon.

"Fucking hell! What is going on?!" That's what I want to know. The door opens yet again, this time to reveal my dad. I let out a sigh of relief, I'm saved. He looks around the room, his eyes zeroing in on me, fury evident in them when he sees my state. He then looks between the two Reids, along with me. My dad walks through the room and to me. I see he is wearing gloves before he goes behind my chair and starts to untie me. He gives me a kiss on the head as he works, and I can feel a tear fall onto my hair. Finally I am free, and my dad helps ne stand. Both Reids rush towards me wanting to help me. I lean against my dad, holding a hand up telling them to stay where they are.

"I wouldn't ask them a question. Kyle has control over Reid, who knows what that means? He could be able to get to his memories."

"How the fuck are we going to tell them apart then? I wasn't around to see who went in first." How the fuck indeed.

Here you go my little devils! I hope you liked it!

Radish Chapters: Chapter 41 free in 3 hours. Chapter 42 free in 7 days. Chapter 43 free in 14 days.

If you follow me, you've probably already seen but Hades' Daughter on Inkitt has now got over 4000 reads! Thank you to everyone who has gone over there and read it, and especially left a review!  <3 It means a lot! You guys are the best! There are 74 copies left that you can reserve to read! We have until 31st of March, let's see if we could possible shift them all? Don't worry if we can't because we have now got all the data that we need for the algorithm, we're just trying to give them as much as we can from now on!

Who do you think is the real Reid? What is your gut reaction as we have no real information from either?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!

CC ;)