Chapter 60 - 'You want to taste some?'

Kyle makes me walk up the long drive, and I know when Kyle leaves me, I'm going to be left with the blisters on my feet. Maybe that's his whole aim, to torture me slowly. The figure of Kyle beside me doesn't stop, not even when we get to the front doors, and more people begin to see me. I wonder whether Kyle is visible to them as well, but then I realize he wouldn't be that dumb. He'll be my silent invisible torturer for the day.

"Hey, bitch!" I hear Bianca call through the air, and nerves twist my gut into a mess. I worry he's going to do something to hurt her, or anyone else. I may have wanted to be an emotionless bitch at home, one who couldn't get hurt again, but I was kidding myself to think that I could be. I may have not realized until a homicidal maniac was in control of my body, but I have friends on Earth. I have people that I care about, and people I don't want to see hurt. Kyle might have control over my body, but he's stupid to think that I won't do everything in my power to stop these people from getting hurt at his hands.

"Hey!" I hear Kyle call back using me as a mouthpiece.

"What you doing here? Thought you were at home," she comments as she gets closer to me. Her caramel midriff is exposed, the rest of her body clad in a sports bra and leggings. She looks as if she's just come back from a run.

"She's hot," Kyle comments, and I see him circle around her as if he was sizing up prey. "Gods, wouldn't I like a taste of her." If I had control over myself, I know my mouth would be curled up in disgust. My eyes don't move, and I don't do anything outwardly to suggest that someone else is here, so Bianca doesn't seem fazed.

Kyle stops behind Bianca and in a quick action, he has her in his arms and is drinking from her neck. I want to rush forward and stop him, Bianca's screams filling the air. I try to look around at the other people to see if they will do anything, but can't see anyone moving to help us.

Kyle moves back from Bianca, still holding her close, her face a picture of fear. The smell of her blood fills the air, as it runs down her neck. I try to grit my teeth and hold my demon features back, but with no actual control of my face, I have no luck.

"You want to taste some, Scare Bear?"

"Fuck you." I think, which garners an evil chuckle from Kyle.

"Gods, she tastes as good as she smells."

"Fuck off."

Kyle makes me step forward, and again until I'm only two steps away from touching her.

"Scar! What are you doing?" Bianca yells, and with a blink, the scene disappears, and Bianca is standing exactly where she was before Kyle bit her, unhurt. Her eyes are going over my face and I realize my demon features are showing.

"You might want to change your face," Kyle warns, stepping up beside me as if that scene didn't just happen. He reaches up to my face and physically makes me look around by pulling my face this way and that, at all of the people looking over to me.

I want to glare at him and roll my eyes because he knows all too well that he's the one in control of me.

Kyle clicks his fingers and my demon features retract and disappear. Kyle forces a smile to my face, and answers in a chipper voice, "yeah. You know where Reid is?"

Bianca looks at me skeptically, but motions behind her. "Probably in his office."

Kyle runs forward like a giddy kid getting his way. I reluctantly follow with no choice in the matter.

Kyle, although he's an imaginary being at the moment, waits for me to get to the door, and to open it for him before he enters the house.

He pauses when we're in the entrance hall, looking at me expectantly as if I were to tell him where to go. It doesn't take long for me to feel Kyle start to probe around inside my head as if he was actually there. I try to shut as many doors as possible, not wanting to give him an easy time, but he still finds a way to force past them, or find it before I can.