Chapter 54 - Back to Normal?

The next morning, when I go into my bathroom bleary eyes, a haggard, red puffy eyed, reflection of myself stares back at me from all angles. I've never cried like that in my life - I would hardly ever cry before I went up to Earth. It's made me more human. I splash my face with some water, trying to forget everything. I need to get back to the way I was before I left Hell. Kyle and being away from the everyday life and experiences of Hell has made me an emotional wreck.  I walk out of the bathroom, and out of my room, wanting something to eat. As I walk down the hallway, and past servants and guards, they all shoot me looks. They all heard me breaking down last night, a new sound to them. They must think I'm weak, and I'm starting to think that they're right. I rub my face, trying to hide. I jog down the stairs and go to the kitchen where the servants are busy making breakfast, overseen by guards. All the servants bow or curtsy when they see me.

"Get back to work!" a guard yells, whipping them. We can't let them get off easily, they're meant to be being tortured - It's Hell after all. However, I feel my own back sting this time, remembering Kyle's torture which included whipping. Some of my scars haven't healed completely, and I'm not sure they ever will. I will always have the faint reminders of what Kyle did to me. Most of the ones that haven't healed are the ones which were as a result of repetitively doing the same thing over and over again. For example, the whipping that they did to me. The 'M' from Meredith thankfully has been healing properly. I shake my head wanting to get rid of the memories, knowing that it will only make me weaker.

I forcefully push a servant up against the wall, biting into his neck, making sure to make it hurt them. I need to show them that I'm still the person I was. The blood was poorer than normal. I've been spoiled on Earth with the fresh blood. Once I am happy I throw him behind me and back to the middle of the kitchen.

"Breakfast better be ready soon. If not I'll be back and it won't only be feeding that I do to you," I threaten. I walk out of the kitchen which is now a flurry of activity. Gradually feeling more like my old self (it's amazing what having some blood forcefully and threatening can do for a girl), I go and find my dad, knowing he'll be up.

Here you go my little devils! I am sorry for it being so short, but it is a turning point, and important, in Scar's timeline. :) We'll start to see more of the old Scar in the upcoming parts. She's been suppressed by Earth and everything Kyle has been doing to her.

There will be no update next week, but after that things will be back to normal!! I'm sorry for the out of routine updates. :)

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)