Chapter 22 - 'Are you a cop?'

I wait. Five minutes go by and I start to think that I won't be able to have any fun, because Reid and Hunter will have finished with their conversation. I rest my head on the desk, on top of my arms. A loud beep goes off causing me to jump and quickly raise my head, searching for the source of the noise. I look around and realise that I am being alerted to someone at the gate. I grin. I look at the monitor and see a grey car at the gates. A male arm is resting on the rolled down window. A man in a baseball cap was looking at the speaker box.

"Yes. What do you want?" I ask. I wait for a reply but don't get anything. I then comprehend that I have to push a button. Feeling idiotic I press the button, after thinking of a statement, before speaking again.

"You called the Grim Reapers, what can we do for you?"

"You could let me in." I get in reply. I let out a laugh.

"Unfortunately, I can't do that without getting a reason and your name." I tell him. "And maybe even your number." I add, looking him over.

"I have a girlfriend." He replies, but I see a smug smile touch his lips.

"And I have a boyfriend." I tell him, not exactly speaking the truth.

Reid is an ex, kind of, and I don't know what Hunter is. I don't know what to do, before Reid died he said that he loved me, and if he ever remembers me then I know he would come back to me. But what if he never comes back to me? It looks like his memory is never going to return so do I try to move on, with Hunter? He's told me that he cares about me, and I care about him, but what happens if Reid does get his memory back, and I'm with Hunter, do I go back to Reid? I'm so fucking confused. Ever since Hunter asked me, I can't stop thinking about what the answer will be. Love is hard anyway, but when you're stuck in the middle of a demon revolution, and there is someone controlling your fate, it's even harder than normal.

"Hello? You still there?" I hear come through the speaker. I shake my head, trying to get all my befuddling thoughts out of my head.

"Yeah. So who are you and what do you want?" I ask.

"Um... I'm... Here to see Reid Brice." I perk up when I hear his hesitance and hear his breathing rate change.

"And, what is this about?"

"I have a business proposition for him." He replies quickly, as if he rehearsed it in the mirror.

"Are you a cop?" I ask him.

"No." He stutters.

"OK. Those are all the questions." I tell him. I wait for the reply I am expecting.

"Really?" He asks shocked. There it is. If you are expecting a challenge and are there under false pretenses, like the police would be, do not question if they are being serious. Act confident and have no expectations. I am slightly baffled that they still send cops to the house, even when Hunter is undercover here. It's probably so they don't get suspicious as a result of the cops not showing up anymore.I see the guy pull his arm back in and get ready to drive up to the house. I sit back, a smile growing on my face at the same rate as the realisation dawns on the guy's face.

"You're not letting me in." He states.

"Bingo! The prize goes to the gullible guy in the grey car."

"What are you going to do with me?" He asks dejectedly.

"Why would we need to do anything with you? Oh, wait, you're telling me my accusations were true?" I ask faking shock. I see him bang his head on the steering wheel.

"What gave me away?" He asks.

"Um... What about everything?" I ponder out loud.

"Please don't hurt me." He pleads. I chuckle.