Chapter 20 - 'You now owe me'

"Why won't you let me see it?"

"How can you see nerve or muscle damage?" I inquire, trying to come up with an excuse.

"I won't be able to see it, but I can look at it before doing the tests necessary." He replies getting exasperated. I exhale sharply. He's not going to give up. I can either knock him out, like Hunter and Bianca want to do, or I can show them why I don't want them to see it. I roll my eyes and keep my eyes where they land, so I don't have to look at them. I rip off the bandage, throwing it to the floor.

"There!" Hunter is the only one in my line of sight, so all I can see is his eyes widen at my actions.

"Finally! Now let's have a look at it." Liam exclaims, looking at me weirdly. I have to check that what he said was right.

"What?" I ask confused, whipping my head around to look at him.

"I don't get why you wouldn't show me it. Are you queasy around blood, is that it?" He asks. I snort at the idea, quite the opposite.

"No. It's because it's hard to explain." I reply.

"What's hard to explain about a bullet wound?" Leo asks. My head hurts from all the confusion. Hunter is staring at my shoulder, his jaw slack. I finally look down at my shoulder, trying to figure out why everyone is so calm, and just like Hunter my jaw goes slack.

"But... How?" I stumble.

"It usually happens when a bullet penetrates the skin." I blink a couple of times, trying to wrap my head around it. Exactly where the wound is expected to be, there is one exactly as you would imagine. Stunned, I answer Liam when he asks me questions and allow him to do his tests. I look over Liam's head and at Bianca and Hunter. What is going on? Why is there a wound there all of a sudden? I don't feel the pain that is expected. They look just as confused as me.

Liam finishes his examination and announces that he doesn't think that there is any muscle or nerve damage. He bandages the wound again before moving back and away. Dazed, I stare at the wall.

"We should allow her to relax and get better." Bianca suggests. I suddenly feel grateful to Bianca for her suggestion.

"We'll see you tomorrow." Jake says. I nod, still dazed. Hunter says goodbye for us both. As they are at the door I get an explanation.

"No need to thank me." Kyle remarks.

"Why did you do it?"

"You now owe me." He explains.

"What do I need to do for you to leave me alone?" I ask.

"Do you want me to leave you alone, even after I helped you?" He asks.

"Yes." I reply almost instantly.

"If you say so..." At that moment Hunter touches me. Again. I exclaim out in annoyance.

"Oh, come on!" I don't bother to try to contact him again, he's probably already gone.

*^*^*

I wake the next morning thinking it was all a dream. Why would Kyle help me? I cautiously get out of bed, as not to wake Hunter, and go downstairs. Last night after they left, I explained to Hunter that it was Kyle. He was as surprised as me. As I walk I take the bandage off and look down at my shoulder. Unlike last night, there is no wound. I guess he only needed to do it for last night; they won't want to see it again. Hopefully. I go into the kitchen and decide to start cooking breakfast. I look at the time and see that it is 9. I have just gotten all the ingredients I need for pancakes out, when my phone starts to ring. I reach for it and swipe to answer the call, before I bring it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Scarlett?" I get in reply. I suddenly feel more awake when I hear Reid's voice on the other end of the phone.

"Yes. Reid? What can I do for you?" I ask. He clears his throat, before answering.

"I saw that you were injured last night, I wanted to make sure you were OK." I raise my eyebrows when I hear a bit of concern in his tone.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I didn't know you were going to be there. I thought I heard Tiffany saying you were working."

"Oh, I changed my mind; Bianca was asking everyone so I decided to join. Is Hunter there?" He asks.

"Yeah, do you want to speak to him? I can go and wake him up." I offer.

"No, thank you; tell him when he wakes up that I want him to come over though." He pauses before continuing. "Maybe you could come with him?" I suppress a smile, even though he can't see it.

"I'll be there."

I put my phone back on the counter, after hanging up, and start to make the pancakes. I don't know what to tell Hunter, because I don't know what it is myself. Is Reid getting feelings for me, or is there another reason he wants me to go there?

I am just putting the pancakes on the plates when Hunter comes downstairs. I relay to him Reid's message, and he sighs.

"Will you be OK by yourself?" He asks. I bite my lip, anticipating his reaction.

"I'm going to come with you. Reid wants me to." He tenses up, but soon relaxes and shrugs. He took that better than expected.

We eat the pancakes in silence, before getting dressed and leaving for the Grim Reapers' residence.

*^*^*

We arrive at the familiar gates, and I lean out of the car pressing the buzzer. Clive's voice comes over the intercom.

"State your name and reason for being here." Clive greets in his usual manner. I chuckle.

"I heard you were expecting me, I'm the tooth fairy. I'm back from my vacation."

"I thought I was finally free of you." Clive replies.

"Nope. You'll never be free of me." I reply grinning.

"Just go in." He replies. The intercom cuts off before I can reply. I pull through the gates and drive until I am outside the front door. I look to Hunter who is trying not to look at me. I sigh and open my door, mentally preparing myself to see Reid with my feelings for Hunter and the object of them there. I don't know what to expect.

Here you go! Hope you liked it!!

You can now find me on Instagram!! My username is @cc_thewriter! Go and find me! I'll be following everyone that follows me today, back.

Also, if you are on Radish, or want to get Radish, but don't want to pay for the coins, then Radish is holding a coin giveaway on Instagram to 'celebrate' Halloween. There are no more details yet, but go and follow their Instagram account, and mine, so you know what you have to do to enter when it starts. :) I will also tell you on Twitter, and send a message out on here to all my followers, when I know more details. You will need a Radish account to enter so they can give you your coins if you win. :) Radish also holds competitions for coins frequently, so follow their social media accounts to get all the information.

Chapter 21 is free on Radish and 22 will become free in 7 hours. :)

What does Kyle want from her?

Why does Reid want to see her?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!!

CC ;)