Chapter 11 - 'What's that smell?'

Thank you oxMadisonxo for this amazing cover! If any one else wants to make me anything just PM me! :)

I had gone past drunk a while ago, and I am now putting all my effort into just staying upright. At least I'm not thinking about Kyle, well except for just then. I am almost at the bottom of bottle that Jake passed to me.

"Come on!" I say, stumbling forwards and pushing the bottle into Reid's chest. Reid catches me. "You need to loosen up." I tell him, poking him in the chest. He chuckles. I have been trying to get him to drink with me, but he had only taken a couple of sips.

"Fine! If you won't drink with me, come to the hot tub?" I say backing away from him. He smirks.

"Reid, baby, there you are I have been looking all over for you." Tiffany exclaims. She looks over to me and wrinkles her nose in disgust. I roll my eyes but just give her a smile.

"I'll see you out there." I tell Reid winking. I make my way to the doors out to the hot tub and kick my shoes off. I look at the beach and see that it's empty. I grin, walking down past the pool that was packed and to the beach. I step onto the sand and feel it between my toes. I wriggle them.

"Scar!?" I hear my name being called. I turn around to the person who called my name and grin at them. Hunter and his friends were stood up by the pool.

"What are you doing?" Leo asks.

"I'm just going to say hello to my uncle." I tell them before turning back to the sea.

"What?!" I hear Liam ask.

"There's no one there." Hunter tells me.

"I know that! I'm not crazy!" I shout back to them.

"I'm starting to doubt that; I probably look sober compared to her." Jake comments. I start to walk towards the ocean. I get to the edge of the water and keep walking.

"What is she doing?" Leo asks. When I am satisfied I fall face first into the waves, throwing my arms out trying to hug the ocean.

"I love you Uncle P." I say as I hear Liam shout.

"Oh shit!"

*^*^*

I wake up the next day with a splitting headache. I don't know if anyone has consumed that much alcohol ever. I wish being a demon you don't have a hangover, but unfortunately that is not a perk we get. We probably get it worse, I think it has something to do with our blood; we also have heightened senses, like for instance I can hear a car alarm, which a normal human wouldn't be able to, right now which is making my headache even worse. I groan and pull the covers over my head, trying to muffle the noise. I hear someone coming up the stairs and it's like someone is hammering against the side of my head with each step. They come to my door and open it.

"Wake up, sunshine!" Hunter shouts.

"Fuck off!" I reply, groaning. He chuckles.

"I guess I should change it, wake up grumpy pants." I poke my hand out of the cover so he can see my middle finger aimed at him. He walks past the bed and throws back the curtains. Hunter comes to my bed and pulls the covers from the bed. I complain and try to cling onto them but he pries them from my hands. I groan at the light and bury my face into the pillows. Do vampires just have a massive hangover all their life? I get why they don't go out if they do.

"If you don't get up right now I'll go and get Jake and Bianca, and you don't want that." He tells me. I groan and lift my head up slowly. I wrench my eyelids apart, and look over to Hunter.

"It's the morning; couldn't you have waited at least until the afternoon?" I ask him.

"I did." He replies. I stick my tongue out at him. I stand up and dizziness overcomes me. Hunter rushes forwards and holds me up.

"Are you OK?" He asks.

"I'm going to be sick." I tell him. I push him out of the way and rush to my bathroom. I lift the lid of the toilet and fall to the floor, throwing up. I groan, embarrassed that I've vomited in front of Hunter. I feel hands gently tug my hair away from where it was hanging down into the toilet. A small smile comes onto my face, before it is interrupted by me vomiting again.

"I didn't know demons could be sick." Hunter remarks from behind me.

"Well, we can." I tell him. I wipe my mouth and stand back up. I wash the bad taste out of my mouth, before taking another gulp of water.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" Hunter asks me.

"I think I remember most of it. Reid came didn't he? Is he still here?" I ask him, looking back at where he's standing. He shoves his hands into his pockets, looking down to the floor. What's going on with him?

"Yeah, but he left last night. Remember anything else?" He probes.

"Is there something I should remember particularly?" I ask him, flushing the toilet. He debates for a second before he pushes a smile, which I see to be false, onto his face.

"No, not really. I was just asking." I sigh and walk towards him, looking up into his chocolate eyes.

"Hunter, you saw me spill my guts, now spill yours." I tell him, putting my hand onto my hip. My head starts to hurt again, but I push it out of my mind, so all my attention is on Hunter. There's obviously something bugging him. I hear loud footsteps walking towards my room, before they stop and walk closer to the bathroom.

"Are you guys fucking? I don't want to see that." Jake calls.

"No." Hunter calls back, slight disappointment edging into his tone. My shoulders fall as I realise why he is acting like he is. Jake appears at the door and smiles at me, before his nose scrunches up in disgust.

"Ew, what's that smell?"

"The product of gallons of alcohol mixed with my body." I tell him. Jake laughs.

"You shouldn't drink as much next time." He suggests, winking.

"If I recall correctly you're the one that kept supplying the drink." I tell him raising my eyebrow at him.

"You didn't have to keep drinking them, that way I wouldn't keep giving them to you." He points out. I shrug.

"What are you doing up here anyway?" I ask him.

"It's good to know I'm welcome." He replies sarcastically. "I was just going to tell you that we need to go back, we've been called by Reid." He explains.

"OK, we'll be down in a minute. I just need to talk to Hunter quickly." I tell him. He nods before leaving. My headache is still pounding my head, so I try and find some painkillers as I talk to Hunter.

"I remember dancing on the table and what I said, if that's what you were asking." I tell him, feeling better that I didn't have to look at him when I did, as my head was in the cupboard. Hunter is silent except for his heartbeat which rose when I said that.

"And?" He asks.

"I don't know, I said that before I talked to Reid and found a way of getting him back." I say turning around, popping the pills into my mouth. I wash them down with some water and look back up at him. His face turns to stone, meaning I can't read his emotions.

"I'm not saying I take what I said back, I'm just saying that I'm confused, I thought I lost Reid forever when I said it." His face softens slightly.

"I need to go. I'll speak to you tomorrow." He says. I nod, following him out and downstairs.

Here you go! Hope you liked it!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that)!

CC ;)