Chapter 55 - 'Spill'

CovertSniper made these covers for War of Fate! I love them! He says that he is now making covers so if anyone wants a cover you can contact him

CovertSniper made these covers for War of Fate! I love them! He says that he is now making covers so if anyone wants a cover you can contact him. If anyone else wants to send me anything, just let me know, and I'll tell you how you can. :)

I find my dad in the library, flicking through a book. When he hears the door open, his blue eyes come up to meet mine.

"Hey, how are you this morning?" he asks, looking at me closely. He heard along with everyone else.

"Good," I lie brightly. His eyes go over me before returning to the book.

"How was Adrian?" he asks, turning the page nonchalantly. I bite my lip, looking around.

"Good," I repeat. He makes a noise.

"What did you guys talk about?" I trace a pattern of the grain of the wood in the table.

"You heard, dad, you don't need to pretend," I state. I can feel his eyes have returned to me, searing into me.

"How-" he starts, but before he can ask the question which I don't want to answer, I cut him off by changing the subject.

"I'm going to work at the lake today," I tell him definitely, without any room for argument or question. It will be good for me to do something that I see as normal in Hell. It may reset my mind into the version it was before I left for Earth.

"I thought that you would want to be finding out more information about..." For the second time this morning I cut him off.

"No. I trust you." I don't want to learn about the bond between Reid and me for many reasons. One, I am worried about what it could mean, and the doubts that I have about it. Another reason is that the relationships I have with people on Earth is another factor to why I've become more in touch with my emotions. Usually it's a good thing, but for someone who is going to become the leader of Hell, it's not good to have emotional attachments which can be exploited, exactly like Kyle did.

My dad sighs, the book closing with a dull thump. He pushes it away from him, his elbows resting on the table, his hands clasped together.

"What is going on with you?" he asks. A bell rings from the other end of the house, letting us know breakfast is ready.

"Nothing dad, breakfast is ready," I say turning to leave the room.

"No," my dad snaps. "Breakfast can wait a moment longer. You are going to sit down, and we are going to talk everything through. You are going to tell me everything that has happened to you, and why you broke down last night. You are then going to explain to me why you are acting totally different today."

"Dad, I don't want to talk about it."

"Tough shit, because you are going to."

"No, I'm not. I-"

"Sit down!" he roars at me. I drop down into the seat at the table across from him, almost involuntarily. "You used to be open with me, and you are going to be open with me again."

"Really dad?" I scoff, my hand going to my hair as I rest my elbow on the table.

"Yes, really, now wait here while I go and get us some breakfast," he says getting up. I watch him leave, waiting for the sound of the door closing behind him. I hear the door open, and prepare myself to leave, either by teleportation or through the door. If I were to do it while he was here, he could stop me.

"Grab us a plate of breakfast, and then stay outside this door," he instructs, before turning around and coming back to me. I plop back down onto the chair, knowing my escape is blocked and my dad won't be letting me go until he has his way. He returns to the table, and sits down, a smug smile on his face.

"Spill."

Here you go! I hope you liked it!

If you are also reading on Radish, I am sorry that I have been unable to update for while, I am working on getting one up today.

In about four days everything should become clear, and you should understand why updates have been out of whack (hopefully) ;) so keep your eye out for anything on that day (27th)...

The next chapter will be up Sunday as usual. I will be on vacation/holiday then but will have my laptop (which means more time to write) so I will be able to keep up with updates. :)

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)