Twenty Six

-Early 1984-

"Hello this is Vicky Hamilton speaking, how can I help you?" "Vicky, this is Axl Rose and I'm the lead singer for a band called Hollywood Rose. We are going to be the biggest band in Hollywood. You were recommended to help get us some gigs."  "Do you have any demos you can send me to hear?" Vicky questioned, toying with her pencil. "Yes! How about I just come there now and play it for you?" Vicky laughed, this guy was surely interesting, or pushy not sure. "Well, Axl you can just mail the demo to me." The line was silent for a few seconds.  "Well, why?"  "Well for starters I don't have a stereo here to listen to it on." "That's okay. I'll bring my ghetto blaster." Vicky laughed, before the line went silent for a few seconds. "Okay, then. Let me give you directions to the agency." Vicky gave Axl directions on how to get there. Hopefully she wouldn't regret this...

-Kat-

Axl walked back in from outside, after having been on the phone for only a couple minutes. "How did that go?" I questioned, he smiled triumphantly.  "She wants to hear our demo." I clapped my hands together. "Axl that's awesome, are you going to drop it off or what?" He shook his head, "No, we're going up there to play it for her, since she doesn't have a stereo." I immediately pulled him into a hug. "You should get ready then." I told him.  He nodded. "You're right, where's Izzy?" I paused. "He's in the bathroom." Axl trotted over and knocked on the door.  "Hey, Iz. Start getting ready we have to go let this lady hear our demo."  Izzy slowly opened the door, sticking only his face out, "What?"  "I'm getting us some shows booked, I called Vicky Hamilton you know that lady I was talking about?" Izzy nodded, "Yeah, groovy." "Get ready!" Axl chimed, walking over to his stuff. Axl started shifting through his things trying to find something to wear. I sat on the edge of the bed watching him, as he pulled things out of the drawer. Izzy eventually came out of the bathroom and went to put some different clothes on.  "What time do we need to be there?" Izzy asked. "When ever we show up as long as we get there before the place closes."  "I'm going back in the bathroom." Izzy said, taking a change of clothes in there with him. Axl turned around. "You're coming with aren't you babe?"   I nodded, "Yeah, you know I have to go to work tonight though."
Axl's eyes changed, he looked down and walked over to me taking my hands in his.  "You know- one day you won't have to work, I'm going to be the one to take care of you someday."  I stared at him, looking into his eyes.  "Axl..."   He shook his head. "There's nothing to say, Kat. One day- one day soon, you're going to have everything in this whole world." He glanced up like he could already see it.  "I hope you're right."   Axl nodded, "I am." He ran his thumb over my fingers.  Axl suddenly started to lean in his face just inches from mine, I closed my eyes and met him half way pressing my lips to his. His left hand went to my lower back pulling me closer to him, he smelled like cigarettes and beer but it was so nice on him. He moved his soft pink lips against mine in expert fashion, I got so caught up feeling him close to me I almost forgot to breath If his hot breath didn't hit my face in short puffs, I probably would have. I wrapped my arms around his neck, running my hands through his wavy orange hair. There was a hot tension between us as we kissed, I felt electric. Eventually I had to pull back and gather my thoughts and catch my breath. Axl looked down at me his eyes looking high and glassy.  "You know' you're such'a good kisser." I blushed feeling my face go red.  "You're better than me, by far." I replied laying my head on the side of his chest. Axl planted a soft kiss on the top of my head.  "I'm going to start getting ready now." He said, slowly moving his arms from my waist.  "Good ideal, I don't have a clue what to wear."   "Anything will look good on you." Axl stated, going back to his task of finding an outfit. He turned around suddenly, "Wear that little red outfit I like." I rolled my eyes at Axl's cheekiness.