Ten

He sat there on the couch, the blue screen illuminating the small dark living room, he had turned the lights off, put the VHS tape in and set a certain ambiance to the room, before I could even collect my bearings and walk in there.  Like it was a sign or something the TV just said 'stop' in bold white letters across the corner. If I walked in and set beside him, I would most have to talk about what happened. Bill turned his head to glance at the bedroom, supposed he was becoming impatient. I started walking towards him, I could see a small grin on his face, even in the dim. "Thought you were never coming In here." He was acting different, like he was trying not to seem over excited about our kiss or this movie night in general. Maybe there was a chance he liked me as well? "Well everything in that room is shit-wrecked." I ran a hand through my hair for no particular reason, before throwing myself down on the couch and almost falling through it since it was so broken. "You ready to watch the movie?" I nodded, watching his movements as he got up and pressed play. Neither of us were to aware of where Jeff might be, we were too involved in our 'new found romance'. He moved across the floor so self aware that it hurt, sitting down next to me closer than before and seeming some what uncomfortable. Not uncomfortable with me, but just with himself maybe. The usual scenes of gore and horror were regular in this movie, the main character Donny is obviously disturbed. "Are you thirsty?" Bill questions, about as engrossed with the movie as I am. We are sitting here acting like we are in a movie theater. "Actually yes, I'll stop the movie and come with you." He nods, getting up and catting into the open kitchen. I search for a few seconds for the stop button, on the VCR. After pressing it the blue screen comes back up and saves our places in the movie. Giving the room a neon tint, I see the refrigerator light lighting the other part of the apartment. "Kitten, what are you thinkin' you want?" Bill asks, coming swinging around the wall. I smiled at the use of the pet name. "Is there any beer?" "Hopefully they don't try to bust me for serving a little lady under the age of twenty-one alcohol." Bill says toying with me, good to know he's back to his normal ass-hole self. "Come on." I whined, playing with him right back. "Well move your cute little ass from in front of the fridge and I'll get you one." He says, putting his hand on my waist, I can feel him warm palm through my tee-shirt, as he scoots me out of his way. "Your hands are sweaty." I say removing his hand from my waist and kissing the palm. Making sure he knew I was just joking around and there was no reason to be what I assumed was nervously sweating. I kept his holding his hand, he didn't seem to mind. "Thanks, Kitten. Means a lot." He replied sarcastically after a few seconds of delay, he had two beers in his other hand. He opened his beer easily, putting the lid over the counter and hitting it, making the top pop off. He started back off for the living room, living me standing there. "Hey, Bill. You wantin' to help me out?" "What's going on?" I huffed and started to attempt doing the same thing he did, popping the top off with the counter. "Get this open, please!" I heard his get back up off the couch. "You don't even like the taste of beer." Bill stated, popping the top off the bottle with ease. I didn't at all, but hey, I'm trying. "Well, what else am I supposed to drink? That's all you and Jeff buy." He gives me a look. "You can buy whatever you want too." "Screw you." Bill and I walk back into the living room to finish the gore fest, falling asleep somewhere towards the end.

(Sorry it has been so long and this chapter is somewhat short, I'm working on getting back to it.)