Thirty Nine

-Early 1985- - A few weeks later-

-Kat-

Well, Axl had come back in full force. The guys had been playing more gigs now than ever, Izzy and Axl had made up and had been playing shows with Tracii Guns, Axl and Him had come up with a group together called Guns 'N Roses. Before Tracii left to reform his own group LA Guns. Hollywood Rose had pretty much been disbanded, and Axl working with Slash didn't end up going so well either. They had some sort of temporary falling out (now resolved) with Axl sleeping with Slash's girlfriend; Yvonne. Izzy had now become pretty tight with Slash as well, having taken him a flyer for the new GN'R group. The guys got a new bass player named; Duff McKagan, who- lucky enough for me had lots of stories from Seattle about playing in a ton of different Punk bands. Everything with the band was going great so far, having all four guys together to jam was sounding really awesome. They were only missing a drummer, but Slash said he knew someone they could get to join them.

I had been working steady nights at the Club, waiting for the guys to get more shows with a new drummer. Since Tracii Guns and Rob Gardener left for La Guns. Other than that everything has been moving pretty quickly. Izzy got a new apartment in West Hollywood, thankfully I could tag along and get out of that shit hole on Fortress and Selma. Axl usually crashed wherever, but Iz was nice enough to let me live with him. I was making lots of money at the club never bringing home less than four or five hundred dollars.

I was sitting on the couch in the Apartment, waiting on Izzy to get back from practice when suddenly the front door bursts open, the band comes in the room, tagging along with them a blond I don't recognize. "Kat, we've found our drummer!" Izzy states, coming over to me. "Kat, meet Steven." I stand up and walk over to the blond. "Hey, Steven, nice to meet you, I'm Kat." He shakes my hand enthusiastically, a smile never leaving his youthful face. "Awesome to meet you." "So, you're the new drummer, are you Slash's friend?" I questioned, he nodded, "Yeah, we've been friends since we were kids really." Slash laughs enthusiastically, "We used to ride BMX bikes together and try to sneak into the fuckin' rainbow." I nod my head, "Impressive, so this is Gun's N' Roses now?" I questioned, looking at the group of guys. Even though I hadn't heard them practice together or had even seen all five of them together until now, they looked like a real band. Each one different in their own right, but still a perfect unit, they all already looked like rockstars with their sleazy style, messy hair and larger than life personalities. "Bet your ass it is." Axl smiled, puffing on a cigarette. He walked over and put his arm around my shoulder, "Are you ready for this Kitty Kat?" He questioned, looking at me expectantly. I laughed, unsure what the redhead was referring to, "Ready for what, Ax?" He smirked his signature smirk, "The rest of our lives, this is it, girl." He said, gesturing around the room. I looked at the filthy apartment that was littered with empty alcohol bottles, drug paraphernalia, and broken furniture before my eyes stopped on the four men in front of us and I knew then what Axl was talking about. We had already embraced the rock and roll lifestyle and we weren't even famous, so I can only imagine what they can do now that they have a band together. I smiled, glancing back at Axl, happy to have him back beside me. His face glowing with enthusiasm, his eyes bright and hungry for the future. "Who wants to jam?" Izzy questioned quietly, blowing smoke as he talked. "Fuck yeah!" Slash grinned, throwing his arm up before grabbing his guitar from the door where he had left it. "Don't worry man, we got a' drum kit here," Axl told Steven, as all the boys piled into the back bedroom Izzy and I had (kinda) soundproofed. Axl and Izzy got most everything plugged in with the help of Slash before they started looking over what songs they could play. Everyone but Steven knew the songs, and they gave him a quick play of the tape they had recorded with Rob Gardener before he left so he could hear the drum parts. "I can help you too, man, I used to play drums in Seattle," Duff told him, messing around with his bass, his fingerless gloves slapping against the heavy strings. Steven laughed, his childlike face lighting up, "No worries, I think I can do a little better then what's on the tape." He bragged, twirling his drumsticks. "Show us what you got then," Axl said, queuing for Izzy to start the song. Izzy suddenly plucked against the guitar strings, the room filling with noise, Slash went into doing leads over the steady rhythm. Steven's drums pounded out loud like a gun going off, his fluffy blond hair flying around his head as he played. All of the guys looked like what they were doing was effortless, making rock and roll look easy. I sat on the floor next to the door, watching it all happen in front of me completely in awe of their talent. I knew Guns N' Roses were going to be the biggest, most dangerous band in the world.

(Sorry for making everyone wait so long for a new update, but here one is if anyone is even still reading this story. Hope you enjoy!)