Chapter Forty-Two Pt. II

-Izzy-

Everyone had gotten the bare essentials from their suitcases, whatever they could carry on them really before we decided to walk over to the convenience store. We figured we could find someone to give us a ride there or at least get some directions, and I could do some more dope when we were there, although no one else knew that part.

The bell on top of the door rang signaling our entrance, I could only imagine what the store clerks thought seeing all of us walking in. I slipped past everyone wordlessly heading for the rundown Men's room. Passing aisles of chips and snacks before opening the stained white door, the smell of air freshener and bleach hit my nostrils as I attempted to close the door behind myself, but it wouldn't budge- great. I spun around to see what was keeping it open, to see a worn-out boot stuck in between the door and the frame, I let go of the handle just as Kat pushed her way inside. "Sorry, I had to sneak over here." She laughed, coming into the men's room and closing the door behind herself, flipping the silver lock with her long, red fingernails. I shook my head, chuckling at her as she turned around to face me. "Did you need something?" I questioned her coyly, barely containing the smirk on my face. "Come on Iz, you know what I'm doing in here." I shook my head, pulling the baggy of brown dope from my coat pocket, I dug around in the other pocket that was inside my jacket for all the other necessities. I went to work fixing up a shot large enough for both of us while Kat leaned against the wall watching me as I cooked it up. I flicked my lighter underneath the silver spoon, after having put some of the black tar heroin and water from the tap in the spoon. Grabbing the syringe from the side of the sink, I pushed the pointed needle into a small piece of cotton filtering out what I could from the mixture before filling the plunger full of the heavenly opioid mix. I turned to Kat with a grin, gesturing for her to come over.

-Kat-

I walked over to Izzy, stopping next to the dirty commode to take my belt off, my fingers easily unfastened the loops before pulling it free. I could already imagine the taste of the smack as it rushed through my veins, there wasn't anything like it and it was impossible to describe but there certainly was a taste to it. There were a million things I could think of though that were unique to the hit, I was always thankful that Izzy had access to some of the best drugs in LA. I shut the lid to the toilet before sitting down on the edge, not even bothering to look at how filthy it probably was. Izzy kneeled down next to me, double-checking the syringe for air bubbles as I instinctively started wrapping the belt around my upper arm as a tourniquet. "Are you ready?" Izzy questioned, his hazel eyes inspecting my bulging greenish-blue veins. I bit my bottom lip absentmindedly and nodded, trying to tighten the belt up some more if I could. Izzy stuck the needle flush against my arm trying to stick the outermost vein, I watched his face as he concentrated, taking in his features. The needle penetrated my skin before Izzy released the sweet heroin into my veins, I lazily released the belt from around my upper arm and let my eyes roll back into my skull. Izzy grabbed the belt from the floor sitting it on his lap while he rolled the long sleeves to his shirt up, he then grabbed the makeshift tourniquet and put it around his own arm using his teeth to pull it tight watching his bouncy veins as they popped to the surface. Izzy began angling the needle towards the area, I crossed my fingers hoping he could hit quickly so we could join back with the group without too much time having passed. He stuck it deep in his arm once more a spurt of blood going halfway across the room, I bit my bottom lip to keep my laughter quiet, he shot me a look before continuing his junky conquest- this time hitting his desired target. He dropped the belt from his teeth and let out a deep sigh of relief before he put the cap back on his needle and cleaned everything up. Izzy stood up in front of me, his eyes glassy and pupils like pinpricks. My head felt like it was barely floating above the water and it felt amazing, I felt nothing when I was high. There was no pain, no fear, everything was fine in the world- my world at least. I stood up, stumbling over my own feet and partially colliding with Izzy who swiftly put his hands on my hips to steady me. We both chuckled at my blunder, without much thought I threw my arms around Izzy's shoulder feeling his body against mine. He starred at my face with his high hazel eyes, making me question for a second if there was something on my face somewhere until I felt his mouth crash against mine. I instinctively kissed back, keeping myself steady against him, my fingers resting against the nape of his neck and twisting in his long black hair. Izzy deepened the kiss, our tongues colliding with each other as I felt my back hit the bathroom wall behind me. My heart was pounding in my chest despite the rush of dope that was coursing through my veins, Izzy's hand crept down to my denim-clad ass giving it a light squeeze. I let out a small moan before I could stop myself, Izzy grinned at me before bringing his mouth down to my collarbone and placing sloppy kisses there. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard two rough knocks on the flimsy bathroom door right across from us. "Hey man you in there?" It was distinctly Axl's voice on the other side, Izzy and I automatically looked at each other not knowing what to say or do next. "Say something." I whispered low enough so only Iz could hear me, he cleared his throat, "Uh, yeah, I am. What's up?" I bit my lip to keep quiet, trying to somehow listen for anything on the other side of the door. "We gotta go, man, we got directions to get outta here and I think we might have a ride to the next town at least." "Oh, okay- uh I'll be out in just a second." We heard Axl's snakeskin boots trailing away before we breathed a sigh a relief. "Shit that was close." Izzy chuckled, partially breaking away from our embrace. "Yeah it was, wasn't it." I replied, feeling my face heating up slightly from the realization of what just happened. "Do you wanna go out first or do you want me too?" Iz questioned, pushing his greasy hair out of his face only for the black strands to fall even more in the way of his view. "I guess I can go out first." He nodded at my response, I walked towards the door and clicked the lock open with my fingers. "Hey, Kat wait." Izzy spoke, stopping me just before I opened the door. He crossed the small room wordlessly before pressing his lips against mine once more in a quick but passionate kiss. I felt like there was something doing somersaults in my stomach as he kissed me so roughly, he pulled his mouth away from mine leaving me breathless. Izzy made a face that was classically him before nodding in my direction, "I probably won't get to do that for a while, so I thought..." He trailed off, I shook my head not caring to fight the smile on my face, "No, I really like it." I pulled open the bathroom door without saying anything else, I scanned the store quickly to see if the rest of the guys were in sight. Thankfully they weren't so I made my way outside to try to find them, still resisting the urge to smile to myself like a silly teenager.