Chapter Forty-One

"So, basically everything's already taken care of," Duff said enthusiastically, a look of excitement in his eyes as he stared at the four other guys in the band. "No doubt, Man, I'm fuckin' in!" Slash replied, after taking a drag from his cigarette. "Yeah, I think we're all in, it seems like this will be Guns N' Roses' first fuckin' tour," Axl spoke up, his face animated, a grin fighting its way to his mouth. I sat next to him smiling absentmindedly, excited about the idea Duff had brought to the table. 

Apparently, a 'Tour' of sorts was pretty much planned out, he came down to L.A. from Seattle and said there were so many venues they could play at along the way, that he took it upon himself to get Guns' a tour booked out. He said the tour ended in his home town and they would drive back down like a real band, with a tour under their belts. Despite the fact, they were barely a real band at all, having not even been together officially.  

"So, that's it?" Izzy questioned, wondering what the catch would be. Duff nodded, "Yeah, that's it. It will be super easy, the drives not even that bad."  "When do we leave?" Axl asked, looking back at the tall blond. "In four days from now, the first show is just outside of L.A." "Well, I guess we should get packed then and get our gear and shit ready." Slash said, standing up from his seat on the couch, "I've gotta go get some liquor, anybody want anything?" He continued, looking back at the group. "Some cigs," Axl asked, standing up as well, holding his hand out for me, I gladly took it and stood up dusting my jeans off. Slash walked out, followed by Steven who was drumming his drumsticks against the walls.

 "Are you coming with us?" Duff asked me, sticking a cigarette in his mouth, he held the pack out offering me one which I gladly accepted. I shrugged, unsure if the guys would want me to be there, "I don't know." I said bashfully, Axl looked at me, "Are you kidding, of course, you're going." He said like I would be crazy to think staying was an option. "Well, I'd like to, but I don't want to get in your guys' way."  "Don't be silly, we want you to go." Izzy chimed in, walking over to the rest of us. "Are you sure?" Axl laughed, "Of course we're sure, go pack your bags, Girly." Duff laughed, rolling his eyes, "I guess, I'm gonna head home and get ready. See you fuckers later." Duff said looking us over. "Bye, Duff, see ya'!" I waved, watching him disappear from the room. 

"Are you excited for the tour?" I questioned Izzy, watching as Axl fumbled around the floor for his cigarette pack. Izzy nodded his head, his black hair falling in his face, "Yeah, I think it'll be cool." He grabbed his own cigarettes from his coat, taking one out and putting it in his mouth. "Do you have a light?" I asked, watching him pat his pockets. He moved his head for no and stuck his unlit cigarette against mine, I held my cigarette between my lips and looked on as Izzy's started to smoke and finally lit up. "Shit, I'll be right back." Axl cussed, jogging out of the band's practice space. 

Izzy glanced at me, his eyes glassy and bloodshot, raising his eyebrows as he puffed away on his cig. The room felt so still like there was no air as the silence between Izzy and me mounted. I cleared my throat nervously, before taking another drag from my cigarette. "So?" Izzy spoke, shuffling his feet around. "So?" I sighed looking over at him. "About the other day." He started, sensing my unease, "We can pretend that didn't happen if you want?"  I shook my head, taking a drag of my cigarette, "No, no, we don't have to," I sighed before continuing, "That's the problem, I can't forget about it." I confessed, not feeling any more at ease, knowing Izzy probably didn't feel the same way and I don't even know if I want him too. "What do you mean?" He questioned, needing me to elaborate, what did I mean, I wasn't even sure?  "I don't know, Iz, I keep trying to put it out of my head but I-I think somewhere along the way I've developed feelings towards you, "I admitted, my head hanging low. 

 He looked at me the same way he looked at me before he kissed me, not much emotion across his features. "Really?" Izzy asked a glimmer in his deep eyes, the corner of his mouth twitching as he seemed to fight a smile away. I shook my head, telling him yes without the need to say it again.  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to- to feel this way. You don't have to think anyway about me, I just wanted to tell you." I rambled, feeling the need to further explain myself.  "No, don't feel bad or anything." He breathed deeply, before continuing, "I've been feeling something too, uh, I didn't know if I should say anything or not but I feel so protective over you. I guess that's why I was so upset when I found out you were stripping, you're special to me Kath."

 My heart felt like it was beating too fast, a nervous feeling in my stomach that reminded of the time I had a crush on my reading partner in 6th grade. "I-I don't know what to say, you know you're special to me too, Izzy. What does this mean for us?" He shrugged, a Marlboro Red hanging from his lips. "We have two options." He spoke, a plume of smoke leaving his mouth, "We can either try to ignore whatever this is," He moved his hand back and forth between us, "Or we can see what happens if we give in to it."   "Give into what?" Izzy and I snapped our heads in the direction of the voice, Axl stood in the doorway taking the wrapper off a new pack of cigarettes. "We're talking about politics." I lied shaking my head for emphasis. "Yeah, I was telling Kat that there was a new leader of the soviet union and it was helping ease the tension between the States and the Soviet Union, as they're working on arms control." Axl rolled his eyes, "Sounds like a titillating conversation." 

 "What's wrong with being up to date on current affairs?" Izzy questioned, laughing at Axl's sour attitude. "Oh, nothing, I guess someone has to care about that stuff." I rolled my eyes at the conversation, "Who's ready to go home?" I asked, looking between Izzy and Axl. "Let's go," Izzy answered, grabbing his guitar case from the corner of the room and walking over to join me, his eyes met mine briefly making me feel like I had butterflies trapped in my stomach. Axl followed us out into the street, he shut and locked the storage room door behind us as we all made our way to the car. I sat in the backseat looking out the window at the diverse scenery, listening to the radio Axl had turned up. It felt like I was looking at a different city compared to when we first got here, it feels like everything has changed since then and I can't be sure if things are better now or I've just got new problems I'm still trying to outrun.