Twenty Seven

-A few months later-

-Slash-

I walked through the tightly packed club, Steven and I came to see Hollywood Rose here at Gazzari's. I have heard so much stuff about these guys and after meeting with their Guitar player Izzy twice actually I wanted to finally see them live.  "Hey, I'm gonna go get us some drinks!" Steven shouted at me, I turned to look at him, as he was eyeing up this attractive gal's ass. "Yeah, sure thing, Stevie."  He bounced off towards the bar while I crossed the club looking for a place to chill.  I passed by a few hot girls chatting with them here and there, before finding a table over near the stage to sit.  "Hey there" I looked up to see a really pretty Blonde haired girl standing over my table.  I looked her up. "Hey, to you too."  "You here to see Hollywood Rose?" She questioned sliding into the booth next to me.   "Yeah, I am. I've heard a lot about them so-." I stated cutting off my words. "Nice, are you in a band or something- you look like you would be?" I nodded at her, "Yeah, I am actually." Total lie I had just disbanded my group.   "Wow, that's awesome! What's your name?" I grinned at the woman beside me.   "My names Slash." She stuck her hand out.   "Melanie."   "Nice to meet you, why don't I buy us some drinks?" She smiled at my suggestion. "Sounds perfect, Slash." Just then Steven came bounding over towards us, two drinks in his hands.  "Hey man, here. There was like- a thousand people at the bar." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.  "Thanks, Steven." Melanie glanced back and forth between us. Steven's eyes landed on her and they lit up. "Well, hello there." Steven said sticking his hand out, after sitting the drinks on the table top. "I'm Steven and you are?" She giggled and stuck her hand out to him. "Melanie."  "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl."   "I'll go get your drink Melanie." I said standing up, I can't believe Steven didn't see I already had dibs. What the fuck. I walked over to the bar with my drink in hand, taking up an empty stool near the corner. I sat there waiting on the bartender to go get ice or some shit, as I sipped on my Jack and Coke. "Hey, you mind if I sit here?" I turned around to see who was asking. It was the singer for Hollywood Rose. "Yeah, man go ahead." He took the stool next to mine. His bright orange hair sticking up all over the place, he placed a pack of cigarettes on the bar in front of him. He grabbed one from the pack and lit it up. "You want one, Man?" I shook my head and accepted his offer. "Thanks."   "Hey, Axl, what can I get you?" The bar tender asked coming to stand in front of the singer.  "I'll take a Jack and coke, please." The barman walked away to get 'Axl' his drink.  "Are you here to see the band?" Axl questioned me like he wasn't part of the ''band''.    "Yeah, I am. I've heard a lot about them." Axl nodded his head, exhaling a large puff of smoke.  "Interesting stuff." He said quietly, seemingly becoming immersed in his own thoughts. The barman sat Axl's drink down in front of him, stirring Axl from his thoughts. "Thanks, Man. Hey actually can I get another one of these and a long island ice tea." The bar tender shook his head at Axl's request and walked away to make the drinks. "Don't you have to go on soon?" I questioned him, wanting to let him know I knew who he was. Axl's shoulders dropped. "Yeah, actually I do." He took another real long drag from his cigarette.  "I wasn't trying to bum you out, Man." He shook his head. "No worries, you didn't do a thing. This band just doesn't gel, you know? I don't like the guitar player- he doesn't fit."  My brow fused. "Izzy?"I questioned him, Axl shook his head violently. "No, Izzy's the best. Chris Weber." I nodded like I understood, but I didn't really know much about this band, other than what Izzy had said.  "Why don't you get rid of him?" I suggested and Axl suddenly beamed like he had never thought of that idea before. I polished off my drink scooting the glass a few inches from me. The bartender came back sitting Axl's two extra drinks down in front of him. Without looking my way he scooted the extra Jack and Coke over to me.  "Did you order this for me?" I questioned him picking up the drink. He didn't say anything for a minute or so before looking over at me.  "Yeah, Man." Suddenly a gorgeous dark haired girl came strolling over wearing a tight top, bell bottom jeans and oversized leather jacket.  She walked up behind Axl clinging onto him.  "Hey, there you are." Axl smiled, "I bought you a drink." She sat down in his lap, taking the long island ice tea. "I didn't know what time I'd be here." The girl spoke, before taking a sip of her drink. "How did you know to order me something?" She questioned Axl looking down at him. "I just did, I always know when you're coming around."  She rolled her eyes at him, before her eyes landed on me. "You're Slash aren't you?" She questioned. "Yeah, that's me."  "Nice, I'm Kat. I'm Axl and Izzy's friend." Kat stuck her hand out to me and I gladly shook it. "You go on soon, Axl. Shouldn't you be getting ready?" Kat asked. "I guess so. You comin' with?" She shook her head ''no''.  "I'm going to watch from the audience, I'll catch you after the show though." She stood up so Axl could leave.  "Thanks again for the drink, Axl." He nodded his head in acknowledgement before ducking through the thick crowd.  "You wanna come watch the show at my table?" I questioned Kat. "Yeah, surely." I got up and started walking through the crowd with her on my heels. I reached my table and saw Steven making out with that girl from earlier.  "Just ignore them." I told Kat as we sat down. "Do you know those people?" She questioned sipping on her drink.  "Yeah, that's my friend Steven- I don't really know the girl." She nodded her head as the lights dimmed.