Chapter 45

~Zayn's P.O.V~

"Get ready." Louis says coming swiftly from the back room of the house, grabbing his coat off the counter as he passes it.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I take another drink of the bottle, Liam nearly about to pass out next to me. Louis walks up to me and grabs the bottle from me and walks swiftly to the kitchen, and pours the remaining contents in the sink.

"Are you off your fucking rocker mate?" I stand up and he walks towards me and grabs my collar.

"We're going to go see Reign. You want to stay? Be my guest. You want to go, get your fucking ass in gear;" He lets me go and grabs his keys near the door. Liam gets up quickly and joins Louis by his side at the door. I sigh, hating that I have to follow this douche, but my chest clenches at her name. I follow him and Liam out the door and into his car, this feeling in my chest getting stronger as we pull out the lot.
_______________

~Reign's P.O.V~

What's happening? Is this really happening right now?

I hate Mitchell.

I hate him with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

But yet...

Here I am. In a game of deadlock with his lips. Kissing him, and...weirdly enjoying it. I push myself away from him, so our lips are just inches away from each other, oddly fighting away the urge to kiss him again. I don't say anything, just look at him, not exactly sure how to process what just happened.I moved my arms, just now noticing that my they somehow made it to his neck.

He looked calmly at me as his fingers played with the hem of my t-shirt. I opened my mouth slightly, but after realising I don't know what to say, or how to feel, I close it. His eyes peered into mine, constantly switching between them both.

"Mitc-"

"No, don't say anything," I stare at him my mouth still open. "Just...just let me remember this for a few more moments," I sharply breathe in not sure how to feel about this. He slowly leans toward me, and not sure what to do I stand completely still not making any movement. He places his forehead on mine and exhales.

"I'm sorry, I just-I...I...don't...know?" He seemingly asks me and I smile unable to ignore his slight cuteness.

"...Are you asking me?" I whisper unintentionally. He laughs quietly.

"I think? I don't know I'm just so flustered, I can't even think straight," he closed his eyes and I take this time to stare at his reddened face.

"I think it's your fault," he opens his eyes and they immediately meet mine. I scoff and he laughs which in turn makes me laugh, and for some reason it feels peaceful..

It feels right.

As we stand there in silence, our foreheads never disconnecting, his phone vibrates from his pocket, and he groans.

"Mitchell-"

"I don't care, nothing is that important right now," He meets my gaze again, and I breath in sharply and instead of arguing again he moves his hand to gather his phone from his pocket, his eyes never leaving mine. I don't know what it is about when I do that he doesn't want to argue with me anymore. It was the same way when we were together years ago.

"Hello?......Is it important I'm kind of-" The voice on the other line is frantically yelling even though I can't make out what they're saying. He rolls his eyes as the person continues they're verbal assault over the phone.

"Okay....okay I'm coming now," he says and hangs up the phone, followed by a huge sigh. He closes his eyes and opens them a second later.

"I have to leave," he sighs as he leans up off of my forehead, his expression saddening as he reached for my hand. I looked up at him and smiled.