Chapter 11

~Zayn's P.O.V.~

I parked my car and turned off the ignition. I sat back in my seat and looked out at the building that my car was parked in front of.

I put my hands on the steering wheel getting ready to turn the car back on and drive out of here. As far away as possible. I mentally stopped myself. I can't always run from my problems. But I could always try.

I banged my hands on the steering wheel before jumping out of my car and locking the doors. I walked into the building sort of hastily.

I open the doors of the establishment and instantly breath in the smell of the hard liquor and booze. I inhaled deeply taking in every smell possible before exhaling.

"Hey!" I hear someone call me and I look over to see none other than Louis with a bunch of my other friends that I used to hang out with after I broke up with Riley, but stopped hanging out with when I started to date Reign.

I walk over to them giving them each a fist bump before getting to Louis. I give him a dirty look on purpose then look away.

"What?" He whines. I look at him again doing the same thing then look away while we both took a seat at the bar.

"Whaaaat?" He whines even louder and I begin to laugh. I punch his shoulder.

"Why would you invite me out to a bar you jackass? I told you, specifically you, that I don't drink." I said hitting his shoulder again.

"No, I remember you, specifically you, telling me that you haven't drank in seven months. So don't hit me," he laughed punching me back in my arm.

I punched him back then he punched me again. Next thing you know we're in a full out punch war in front of the bartender bursting with laughter.

"Okay okay enough!" Louis yelled catching the attention of more people in the bar besides the ones that were already watching us and laughing. I nodded holding my stomach that was aching with laughter.

Thirty minutes later, and we finally composed ourselves to act like normal twenty-one year olds, at least that's what the fake ID's said, we continued to sit at the bar finally getting our first drink, but not wanting to drink it. Kinda.

It edged me on the more I refused the drink in my head. It beckoned me with the hard smell of the liquid. It took everything in me to refuse my once best friend. My thoughts are interrupted by Louis putting his hand on my shoulder. I look over to him and notice that his drink is already finished. I smile as I shake my head and watch him as he speaks.

"So, how's the girlfriend bro?" He smiles genuinely. My smile slowly fades and I look towards my drink, thinking about how this would all be easier if I maybe took a sip. I pick up the drink feeling my temptations beginning to get the best of me.

"Well-" I began, but not before getting cut off by someone else.

"Zayn Malik dating, and not drinking? I thought I'd never see the day," Louis and I give each other a confused look before looking behind us. I couldn't help a huge smile from breaking out on my face.

"Liam? Liam Payne?" I said standing up from the chair still getting confused looks from Louis.

"In the flesh!" He said spreading his arms. I gave him a quick hug then seconds later looking around making sure no one saw. When I turn to Liam he's doing the same thing and it causes me to laugh. He looks confused but then realized why I was laughing and begins to laugh with me.

"It's been ages mate," I say looking toward an extremely confused Louis.

"This is Liam. He was my best mate when I was back in England. Then when my family came here so did his and we continued to be best mates," I say looking back at Liam who is now eying the bartender.