Chapter 6

No.

No. No.

Please no.

Anything. ANYTHING but this.

The little minus sign intersected with another one. It was the smallest plus sign I've seen. It sat in the test mocking me, laughing at my misfortune while staying safe in its little world.

I begin to walk backwards, trying my best to escape the fate right in front of me and inside of me. I kept walking backwards until my back hit something. Hard. I looked back and saw a wall but still to taken back to care. I let my body slip then slide down the wall till I was on floor.

This can't be real.

But if it wasn't, the tears spilling from my eyes wouldn't be real either.

But they clearly are.

~ Zayn's P.O.V ~

Where did she go?

I've been calling her nonstop for the last hour since school ended.

17 calls and 11 texts.

God I've got it bad. But I'm just worried. She 'said' she was going home.

I couldn't have realized any quicker that she was lying. I begin to pout. She shouldn't have to lie to me. Well she never lied before. So what would get her to that point?

Then again, I could just be blowing this way out of proportion and she could just be at home sleeping, one of the seven wonders of the world I haven't seen yet. I mean c'mon, if she's beautiful awake just imagine her sleeping. I start to smile to myself. I just hope she's-

"Zayn!" A yell drags me from my thoughts back. I flinch and hold my hands up in defense. Laughter erupted in front of me.

Two little assholes. They're prefect for each other.

"You have been zoned out for the last ten damn minutes. Is the fucking girl coming or not?" Harry said impatiently shoving his hands in his pocket.

"Don't call her a 'fucking girl' asshole. She's my girlfriend if you know the meaning of the word." I snap at him. I can see his nostrils flare with anger.

He knows I know every time he cheated on Kimberly. If I was him I would tread lightly.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" He says stepping towards me, his anger not cooling down. I smile. I wonder how far I can get him to his boiling point?

"You know exactly 'what I fuck' I'm talking about. What the fuck do you have against her? I mean it's obvious you don't like her." I yell at him. "And you're stupid if you don't realize that too!" I say pointing towards Kim whose just standing there trying to look pretty.

She can't pull it off nearly as good as Reign.

"Dude watch you're fucking mouth!" He says putting his finger in my face. I smack it away and push him.

"You can't tell me shit Harry!" my voice is now at such a level of yelling that I can't control if it cracks or not. He pushes me back, I push him but harder he nearly loses his balance. He stands back up straight I could see it in his eyes that he wanted to hit me. That's all I need to cut lose.

My phone rings.

Shit.

I watch him carefully while I make a quick decision to either have this fight or forget about It and look at the phone in the slim chance it might be her. I step towards Harry and it rings again.

Fuck.

I groan. I step off him and grab my phone from my pocket, hearing Harry release a hard breath. That escalated a bit too quickly. We were friends not too long ago but I snapped. Like it was a long time coming.The tension was there I just wanted him to act on it. I look at the screen and hope and pray that it's her. If it isn't I could just turn around and punch him, but I'd never throw the first punch. It's not exactly classy.