Chapter 23

“Well...” Harry began “will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?”

“Oh...” I stuttered

I saw Harry’s face fall as he got off me and sat on the opposite side of the picnic mat.

“I understand, you don’t have to say anything else” Harry told me as he got up “I’m going for a walk, I’ll be back soon”

I watched him walk away. I sat still just watching him walk away. Wait, what am I doing? I quickly stood up from my position on the picnic mat and ran after Harry.

“Harry!” I called out to him “wait!”

Harry stopped abruptly and turned around. He didn’t say anything but stared at me expectantly.

“You never let me finish” I told him

“I didn’t need to. I knew what you were going to say. I’m not good enough for you. I don’t know what I’ve done to not be good enough for you but I’ve obviously done something. I brought you out here to be with you and ask you to be my girlfriend!” he sounded like he was getting angry now “I don’t know what else I could’ve done! You’re beautiful! And I want to show you that! I want to be with you! I want you to know-”

I cut off his little rant by kissing him hard on his lips. I knew he was shocked because he stumbled back from the sudden impact of me practically jumping on him. I pulled away and look at him in the eyes.

“Have you finished you’re little rant?”

“Maybe” Harry winked “I think you might have to kiss me again just to make sure

“Mmmm...nah” I smiled cheekily before running away

“Oh it’s on!” Harry yelled after before running to catch me

All I could do is laugh. I kept running before I got to a river. Well shit.

“Nowhere to run” Harry chuckled

“Oops?”

Harry slowly walked over to me before grabbing my waist.

“You never answered my question”

“And what was that”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“If you insist” I said sassily

“Well I do insist” Harry sassed back to me

Before I knew it his lips were on mine again in the most caring way. This kiss wasn’t pushy or rushed. It was comfortable and slow. I thread my fingers through his curls creating a moan to erupt from his mouth. I giggled against his lips before pulling away.

“We better get going” I smiled at Harry while walking around him to where the picnic lay.

Once the picnic was cleaned up and put away in the basket we made our way to where Harry parked the car.

(Harry’s P.O.V)

She said yes. She said YES. She SAID YES. SHE SAID YES. If I was a girl I would probably do I happy dance. But I’m not...so I won’t.

For the whole drive back to the hotel I had one hand on the steering wheel while my other hand was holding onto Lucy’s. Our fingers were intertwined and I felt like never letting go.

“HARRY” Louis screamed once we had entered the hotel

“LUCY” Eleanor screamed once she saw Lucy

“LOUIS” I screamed back at Louis

“ELEANOR” Lucy screamed when she saw Eleanor

“Bye Harry” Eleanor called while dragging Lucy along with her