Chapter Two

~Chapter Two.

* D a r c y *

     My mom prayed for me before heading out to Sears, also called my work place, and my moms prayers sooth me, giving me hope that today will be lovely. 

     I was five minuets early to work and decided to fix my long light brown as I looked in the mirror of the vasity. Also, I wear light make-up due to church regulations. Which I really don't complain about, though my friends insist to apply more and again they tease me about it. The nice person I am, I just giggle along without cussing or making a huge scene.

     Once I step out my car, I lock it, and casually begin to walk in the back door of the store. Happily I go, but that smell interrupts me again, making me cringe and cough. Seeing the same guy from yesterday. Does he always smoke? His green dainty eyes connect with mine. He looks like trouble. If he keeps this up, I think I might actually tell him to stop, of course in a non dramatic way.

     His deep chuckle escapes his dirty lips. My face turns to his direction and saw him lifted his head up slightly to puff the lung killer air out of him. It bothered me so much, it reminds me of my father that's why. While closing my eyes and ignoring that co-worker, I walk to the employees door. I groan at the fact that that co-worker was walking the same way. When I am close to him, inhaling his smoke oder, I stop him by going in front of him.

"For beginners, you should at least open for a girl. Don't you think it's rather rude to dooooo.." I held out 'do' longer than usual since I was searching for his name tag and also kept my eye contact off of him. He didn't have it on where he suppose to. When I look up our eyes meet and I jump. He didn't look pissed but he was making me feel low. Like, he was judging me by my appearance.

     He keeps his face dead but brings up the cigarette he used up to my face. I cringe and he let's it drop between us. His foot steps over it and squishes it. I cringe again. Suddenly he pushes me out of the way to head inside first, rude.

"So rude." I huff and head inside.

-Day Two of Work

     Bonnie tells me to do the same as yesterday but added to fix pants in the kids section. Agreeing nicely, I do what I have to do.

"Hi Darcy!" Chirped a voice behind me. My body twisted to see this pretty co-worker with a huge smile on her face.

"I am assuming you read my name tag." I laugh and she nods.

"Yes, The name is Jabby." She held out her hand and I shake it with a little laugh. "So, is this your second day? I heard."

"Yeah, and what do you mean 'you heard'" I asked.

"The co-workers are a bit nosy." I sensed the annoyance by the sound of her voice consisting the sneaky co-workers.

"Oh-" The sight of that co-worker appeared and he was walking towards us with his hands in his pockets just blankly looking ahead. He didn't even look at us since we were practically in his way. Yet, he still walked.

"You have to move.." Jabby whispered.

"Can he just walk the other side?" I replied but Jabby yanked me to the side and that co-worker continued to walk where I was once walk towards to. "What was that for?"

"Okay Darcy," Jabby sighed, "This co-worker has his rules. He didn't even have to speak to get these rules, I guess we just know-"

"I am seriously confused." I interrupt, looking at that co-worker disappear.

"Don't because all you have to know is, Don't follow him anywhere, Don't talk to him, Don't get in his way, and I repeat Don't talk to him." She whispers.

"Who is he?"

"We don't know." She shrugs.

"Oh, I get it." I lift a brow and began to walk to do my job. Jabby follows.

"Get what?" She asks.

"You like this 'mysterious' boy, don't you" I tease her and she blushes.

"I am serious about the rules though." Her finger points at me. "I do find him so.. so.. so.. dreamy." I almost choke on my own spit and giggle lowly.

"What!" She laughs and gives me a hard push. I slowly loose my balance and I crash next to a person.

"Sorry." I immediately apologize and looked down.

Jabby gasped loudly and I knew who it was. This was just to coincidental! My eyes slowly go up but it was just our boss, Bonnie.

I thought it would if be that co-worker.

"Darcy, what if I was a customer? I would give a complaint." She said and I got scared.

"Sorry, It won't happen again." I bow and let her walk but, she turns around. "Don't make me doubt you, Darcy."

"You won't" I call out and turn to Jabby. "My rule, don't push me." We both giggle and get to work.

     Met a new friend at work which makes me happy. Plus, Jabby looks like a lovely person. Not really a church person I assume. Through out work, she asked me if I were one of those crazy God people. I mean, I love God so much. He is my everything and would never do anything bad. It's not worth it.

     She also asked me what I do for fun and I know I have fun with my youth group at church. She laughed at me but I told her to join. She rejected. I have a feeling she is bad too. But then again no.

     I didn't see that co-worker ever since my shift started. I am just happy that I could walk to my car air-poisoned free! The night was chilly and windy once again, just like I love it.

"Darcy!!" Jabby screamed.

"Yes?" I twisted just when I was heading to my car.

"There is a party at this place," She gives me a paper, "You should come, live a little." She winked.

     She ran back inside and I stood there shocked. Me go to the party? Yeah, right! I roll my eyes and stuff the paper inside my purse.

     Great! My night is ruined by that horrible cigarette smell. I just ran to my car to avoid the smell. The chuckle of that co-worker exceeded with his actions. Once inside my car, he was looking at me but in a very scary way. I was a afraid. I started the engine and rushed out of there.

    Who is he?

-

now wonder, predict...
she is good.
he is bad.
Party?
Jabby .. is she bad and nice?
smoking addict?
no one knows who he is, his name or how he talks. who is he?
I only know and please tell me what you think. Be kind okay? love you!
vote and comment! -S.