Chapter Twenty-Three

* D a r c y *

       Night came by too quick, where the cold winter darkness outside my window signified the end of day. Julia, my sister, peeked her head at the crack opening of my door.

"Why up so late?" She said.

"Just reading the bible a little." I replied.

        Julia slowly walked in my room away from the dark halls. She sat on my bed beside me while smiling so wide. Her expression clearly shown happiness. The happiness between the new man in her life. The knight that will protect her, endure her, and give her love.

"What?" I laughed while her smile was still present.

"Conner is perfect, Darcy." She bit her lips.

"Is he really?" Julia nodded at my question. "How did you guys meet?"

"At the university." She began, looking up hopelessly swooned. "My professor assigned me a lab partner and that partner happened to be Conner. Since then, we began to talk more than usual. And here we are closer than ever."

        As I heard, I envied her normal life, her trail of innocence has not banished. While I have two bad boys that I don't even like. Curious for one, by the way he speaks, background behind the pictures of his house walls, serious attitude, past about his inferior records, and the girl; Melanie, Harry's mother has mentioned.

"You will be getting out of high school quick." Disrupting my thoughts, Julia gave me a nudge. "Have you been mingling?"

An ugly laugh may have slipped my mouth, "Are you serious? No."

"You talk to guys right? You know, you maybe innocent but love can make you happier. Yeah, there can be ups and downs but if he is the right one, he'll beg for you." She advices me for my choice of guy.

        Well, I do talk to guys but only when I need help on things. Other than that, boys and I never really worked out.

"You do speaks to guys, right?" She looked curious.

Do both Harry and Jason count?

"Yes, of course!" I laughed and sat up straight. "They are no good though."

"Oh, I get you." No, Julia you really do not get it. These guys are really NO good.

"You'll find someone, I promise." Julia pats my shoulder then says her Goodnight.

"Goodnight." I smile then begin to read again.

*~*

       Morning was again here, my family all decided to go to church together and afterwards head for dinner.

      I had to go earlier because Mrs. Jones has not returned from her vacation and I have to teach the kids choir songs. Not that I minded or anything, but I wanted to sing with my church choir too. Since I want to be a choir director, this was great practice and I only learned so much.

       When I arrived, cars were already parked. It was freezing once I stepped out of my car and looked up in the sky. Whether its going to snow or rain, I prefer sunlight.

Once the warm church choir room hit my contact, a faint sight escaped my lips.

"Morning Darcy!" The kids shouted.

"Who is ready to learn some songs to sing during church?" I clapped my hands together. "Remember, older guys will be sing with you. Have you guys heard of The Choir King's College of Cambridge?"