Chapter Eighty-Two

Chapter Eighty-Two

* D a r c y *

Libby looked serious as if she really wanted me to take a big step into this relationship. It's fine as it is? I know Harry is happy with everything left completely innocent. Plus, I have to obey my mother and let myself manage to stay pure till marriage. Though yet, touching him is tempting. Sighing, I look up to Libby.

"Don't stress, Mary." She teased an English accent like Harry. "Just don't be scared. Also, I am not pressuring you to do it. It's your choice if you want to try it."

"Try what?" Chimed a familiar voice.

"Lance!" Libby got up, making me scoot backwards to let her run up to hug him. "Babe, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I have my ways. I just told our boss to give me the morning off. I'm not actually enrolled here. I know the professor. We are good friends." I overheard while I looked towards the board still waiting for the professor. "Oh!" It seems like he just noticed me so I turned. "Hi, Darla!" He waved over too dramatically. Libby laughed cueing mine next.

"It's Darcy." I giggled while covering my mouth. "My boyfriend calls me Mary but if you call me that he will strangle..." I stopped before I said too much while puffing an awkward laugh. "I'm sorry."

"He'll strangle me?" He finished.

"Never mind." I look away but he walked towards me.

"No. I wouldn't mind, if he wants to pick a fight then I can hit him. It's just a name." He said so confidently, leaving me to uncomfortably shift. I cleared my throat and awkwardly laugh.

"Babe." Libby's little hand touched his broad shoulder. "Chill, you're not like this. What has gotten in to you?" She says in a cute way more like a cheery way in no way angry.

"Harry seems so rude." He scoffed, and I got hurt. I mean, that's who Harry is but coming out of Lance so suddenly, in a very unfriendly like tone, made want to blurt him with insults until he winces. I wanted to smack him across the face and scream that Harry is not rude but just Harry. I didn't like anyone insulting him. Before I can do anything, I got up and left to another seat, hearing them whisper as I walked to another row of seating. Libby shouted my name but I remained focus on the board when I sat.

Class ended a little late then usual because of our professor late show-up. Turns out he was late because he got caught up with a conversation. It doesn't matter though.

Libby caught up to me with a face filled with worry. I just smiled. She looked stunned by my happy greet after when I left so suddenly in class to another seat. Lance by her side, I just looked once but I don't know why I got a negative vibe with him or should I say -violent?

"Why did you leave?" She asked.

I stood there for a second and looked at Lance once again. It was actually terrifying for me to reveal the actual truth of my sudden rush to another place to excuse the sight of Lance. He seemed like a nice person though. Still, I was afraid to say the actual truth.

"It's pretty obvious babe." He stepped in a little closer next to Libby.

"I don't like how you're looking at Lance." Mumbled Libby. "What is this!" She shouted so innocently not wanting to sound rude.

"I insulted her boyfriend, Libby." He said so simply, "I am sorry." He apologized.

"Really?" Libby looked at both of us. "I swear he wouldn't mean it. Sometimes he says stupid things." Lance wasn't very happy with her reply but let it slide by the look of his expression.