Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Forty-Nine

* D a r c y *

Once he answered my heart felt like it leaped with happiness, making my hand rest on top of it. Anne saw the reaction I motioned quickly reacting with a sharp gasp.

"Where are you?" I asked, turning to Anne crying with tears of joy. Happy that her son is healthy and alive still.

There was some rattling and shuffled in the other end. "Sorry." I heard him mutter. "I slept in my car."

For some odd reason I smiled, for which my reason is unknown. The fact that he slept in his car makes me think that he perhaps got drunk at the fact of Jason and I's trip to England. Though I am not although sure about it still. However, Harry sounded like he was tired maybe awaken by my call.

"I coming home." He said seconds later. "Wait for me."

Before I can even speak, the line went dead. My hand slowly reaches the side of my thigh, looking at Anne with a smile. She smiled too. "He is coming, don't worry."

"Thank you." Anne half-smiled. "Sorry you always see me cry."

"Don't worry, it happens doesn't it?" My arms wrap around her one more time. "Don't worry." I say again while my hand gently rubbed circles in her back.

"Darcy," She takes a step back, wiping the remainder of her wet tears off her cheeks.

"Yeah?" I reply, looking at her beauty. She was very beautiful at a mid-aged woman. Harry has her eyes, and her smile. It explains so much.

"Ever since I moved here, Harry has changed." Began Anne. "And not a drastic nasty change but, more heavenly."

"Heavenly?" I tilt my head.

"His persona was always negative and seeing things in a dark matter. He hated people, the nice ones especially." Literally, I took a seat for this because I was somewhat curious of what was next on her story about Harry now and Harry then. She took a seat next to me, and continued. "He told me, 'we have another Melanie at work, mum.' I would always get happy when he said something involving a girl because this boy has not been romantically involved with a loyal before. Yeah, he makes mistakes and regrets like he did with Bonnie." Bonnie?

"Bonnie?" Anne made an odd face and looked outside but straight back to me.

"Before I tell you, he is an intelligent man. Very smart, he knows what he doing and coming from his mum. I am correct. Mother knows best." Anne exclaimed.

The fact that she is giving me things of his background are slowly switching my mind that he isn't has dangerous as I thought. "But be carful with Jason." I heard her say afterwards.

"Why?" I suddenly express with wide eyes.

"He isn't good Darcy." Even his mother? What to do, what to do!

"Harry warned me as well but, he goes to church and he is changing." I protect. Though Jason may be described as dangerous, I truly believe I am changing him into good.

You know what they say, that the good girls always convert the bad boys into a better person. I see that happening with me and Jason. Of course, I got frightened today but I still have care for him.

"You're still with him?" She asks.

"Yeah." I nod and she smiles.

"Oh-"

A screech of a car braking was too loud to bare, cringing down covering my ears. We both stand when we hear the screech near, and look out the window.