Chapter Seventy

Chapter Seventy

* D a r c y *

I drove to downtown Chicago, the actual city. "Where are we going?" Harry asked. "This isn't the route to go home, Mary." He chuckled.

"I'm going down to the city." I take a quick glance at Harry, looking shocked with a happy smile.

"Really?" He said sorta in a high pitch, looking around like a little kid in each window. "I haven't been there for awhile now, and I live HERE."

"We just don't have time." I answer. "We have school, work,-"

"Each other."

Dang, with his words I almost froze right then and there. I know we are together, and that we are there for each other, but when he says it, especially in that adoring accent, it makes my heart warm with delight. And it is the most best feeling.

Harry grips my hand for a while, "I love when your cheeks get red." He says again more lower this time, deepening his thick accent. Oh! The way he said 'love' made my heart pound a little faster, and the way he pointed out my red cheeks, made me shy away from his hold and continue driving.

Harry snickered and sat properly back down in his seat, looking around at all the cars that passed by in the freeway. As he turned, I smiled. Genuinely grinned with happiness that escalated down my whole body. It felt nice.

"Wow." I said when we got inside the city. "Everything is so decorated nicely!" I chirped with glee.

The city has a great spirit of decorating the place to look Christmasy! Tree's are all aligned in both sides, with Christmas light and ornaments, and basically each shop had a Christmas tree out to show their spirit. It gave me chills. I always loved this time of year!

We park anywhere we will remember, grab our thickest coats, and walk down the whole Main Street where it was decorated. It wasn't only us though, plenty of people were sitting down in chairs, blankets wrapped around each other with their children in the warmest clothes.

"I think they're having a Christmas Parade." Harry said, looking around. "Last time I saw one was a while back."

"Well," I stop in front of him, lightly shivering. "Let's go see it." I take his hand - his freezing cold hand - and we stood next to random people who were in my guess waiting too.

"Did you bring mittens?" I asked Harry, and he shook his head. "No!" I screamed.

"I forgot." He set them inside his pocket, "All I have are the sniffles."

"The sniffles?" I laughed pretty loudly, I don't know why but the way he said it made me have a reaction of a loud laugh. "Meaning your cold? Or is it some British slang?"

"You know," He makes loud sniffs, "Sniffles." He sniffs twice again.

"Aww, well with your intentions of forgetting warm clothing maybe you wouldn't have the sniffles." I laughed, and Harry smiled back.

Harry looked at the ground, smiling then looked back up to me. He is so beautiful - my mind captured - and since the start he captivated my heart. He stole it, like no other, he is simply - everything. Well, slightly because he can be an idiot at times - like now. Which is completely fine.

-

"I'm fucking cold." Harry whined as we waited now for an hour.

"Harry there are kids around you." I snap, and he looked like it was meaningless too him.

"They will say bad words when they are older." Harry argues. "So what's the point." I laugh it off, and wait a little more.

A little kid, maybe in the age of four, stood in front of us, staring at Harry. It made me laugh a little, and glanced at Harry. He seemed uncomfortable at the fact that the little boy was fascinated at Harry's appearance.