Chapter Ninety-Five

Harry

They loved my idea, they absolutely loved my idea. They are willing to choose my project and on top of that the bank is willing to let the company borrow two million. I was so proud of myself, so proud of the accomplishment I have done so far.

     Later, after receiving the good news, I arrived at my fathers hospital. He was sleeping or was he just resting his eyes? I just really want to tell him the good news of what has been happening. But he is asleep. So, I sat on the chair beside me and stretched my legs out. I turn at the sound of footsteps, a nurse walks in giving me a smile.

"Nurse," I say while raising my hand which had no idea why I rose my hand, "how is he?"

The nurse looks down at the clipboard she held in her arms, "he has been recovering quickly." I smile as she told me, "and I think it's a miracle." She finishes.

"When will he be able to get back to his feet and return to his normal routine?" I questioned.

"I would say a couple days, but he shouldn't be stressing or near that environment anymore. From what I have seen, he gets furious quickly. I think after this he should get therapy."

Crap, I love my dad but I want to finish my Masters. I need to do what I enjoy most in my life. Personally, I do not like being stressed and this position my father allowed me to run makes me want to rip my hair out. I turn to my dad and see him sleep soundly. Watching him look so peaceful makes me regret what I was now thinking because he really needs someone. I am stuck.

"Thanks." I tell the nurse.
"No problem."

She stays in the room and does what she needs to do before exiting the room. My fathers eyes open slowly and after yawns loud. It makes me laugh, "hi" I say awkwardly.

"What brings you here, son?" He pats my shoulder.

"Great news," I begin, "everything is settled and under control."

"That means your work here is done." He pats my shoulder again. "I am proud of you and what you have done for me even if it was in a short period of time."

I was shocked that he is letting me go back home or maybe he is in medication and he is talking nonsense? "Dad, are you in meds?"

He laughs, "No, but I have been thinking a lot. Life is too short, son. I want you to continue doing what you are aiming to do. You always loved music."

That confirmation made me smile so big that I wish I had more room on my mouth to grin because I was so happy. I get up from the chair and give him a big warm hug.
Those words coming out of a father who abandoned both my mother and I shows that he changed into a better person. Just like me, I have changed into a better guy and hoping to expect more changes. It's always nice to give someone a second chance.

I going back home.

Guys it is really hard to pick up a story I left abandoned for so long!! I need some help brainstorming. If you have some ideas please message me and i will give you credit! Please help yo girl out hahaha