Chapter 13

"She's freaking what?!"

"Accelerated" my mom answered for the fifth time. The more she said the word, the wider her smile gets.

"Holy crap..."

I didn't experience that cuz I lack brain but come on! Accelerated? Twice?! Samantalang iniisip kong siya ang mangangailangan sa mga pinakatago tago kong notes at exam pero mukhang iniisahan ako ng pagkakataon. Dope.

"Mouth"

"Sorry" I murmured. Hindi lang talaga ako makapaniwalang accelerated ang isang 'yon. Like, hello?!

"She's gonna graduate before you do, rat" my dad smirked.

That's it. I went nuts.

"But she's gonna spend a year at least before she graduates. She's a transferee so..." my mom explained further.

I shook my head. And here I am, not even sure when and how long for me to graduate. This is an insult on my part, my ego, my manhood, my intellect. Gawd!

"You're gonna be needing her more than she to you" dad gave me a look and grinned. I simply give him the pinky finger. He scoffed.

Just then, Century came out of the dean's office. Well, the dean's personally taking care of Century's records and stuff. Now I know why... she's gold.

"How'd it go, sir?" my mom beamed.

The dean gave me a look before giving my mom Cent's schedule. "There are two or three subjects she needs to take again because of unit problems but other than that, she's good. I'm really grateful you decided to enroll her here, Mrs. Aragon. We will give her special treatment she deserves... I'm talking about her, you know, her being m-mute"

My dad made a face. "Sure, sir. Well, how about Luke?"

"I already enrolled online, dad." Mahirap na baka pag dito pa ako nag-enroll, ipapa-bulletin board ng dean na 'to mga grade ko.

"Really? Did you pass all your subjects last semester, Luke?" the dean asked.

I snorted. "Yeah sir, unfortunately"

My mom elbowed me. "Thanks again, Mr. Abellera"

"We need to get my schedule in the printing office, mom"

"I need to go to work, son. You go get it." I grinned. I'll have time to meet with my friends.

"And I have a meeting in twenty minutes. Go settle your stuff, children. I'll meet you guys for dinner, yeah?" dad asked.

I nodded, Galaxy followed me in baby steps and I had to carry her. "Won't you take Galaxy with you, parents?"