Chapter 34

After leaving the center of the dome which was covered in curtains at all sides, Danny and I got out of the car. Another twelve cars are in here too including Cent's matte one. And I'm amazed of some.

"Sir, this way po" assist ng isang... gay?

We followed him out the area and reached a crowd. Looking at these people, I got an idea that this race is not just simply a drag. I even saw one celebrity discussing something with some guy.

"Di ba business man 'yon?" tanong ni Danny who's sitting beside me. He's pointing at the man wearing suite and shiny shoes.

Uh huh. I recognize him from one of the parties my dad has been attended. He signed a check and gave it back to the chic.

"What's that for?"

"Pustahan" he answered.

Oh wow. Big time.

We got out of the car and sat in front the stage. May malaking screen dun and I'm guessing kukunan ng video ang race then it'll be flashed there. The drones confirmed my thoughts.

Don and Gabby joined us after parking my car... somewhere.

"San nyo pinark sasakyan ko?" I eyed Don.

He pointed behind some tinted screen wall. "May parking for guests dun. We saw Nic's car in there too"

I whistled. "So hindi sya kasali sa race then"

I tried looking for his ugly face in the crowd behind me. Maraming tao na andito and I'm amazed may mga matatanda dito drinking their champagne. I can't find Nic but I saw Cent in the corner busy with her phone.

I sat up. "Kakausapin ko lang yong pipi"

They didn't bother following me.

"What're you doing?" I poked her side.

She made a face. "Talking to Shaq"

I sighed. "I know this is your... thing but are you prepared?" It's a dumb question. Of course she is. She's been doing this stuff for years now.

"Di ba dapat ako nagtatanong nyan sau?"

I scratched my nape. "I bet you're all set then." I murmured.

She didn't answer. She's looking at the crowd. We have no idea which one of these people will join the race. The organizer made sure of it.

Cent seems to be in deep thoughts then she glanced at me.

I narrowed my brows. "Yeah?"

"We could team up"

A small smile appeared in my face. "That would be nice but I think I got it"

She rolled her eyes. "Cocky much?"

I pulled her closer to me. "Confidence, miss"

"It's your first race. You don't know what will happen later. You have no idea how dirty some of these men race"

I shrugged. "I've been watching some drag races tho. I think I have a hint on how will this flow"

She took a deep breath. "Just try staying close to me"

I pecked her cheek and she blushed. I laughed. "You're so cute"

She punched my face. Hard. "Aw!"

"Stay alive even after the race"

I held my face. "Ang sweet mo noh?" Smell my sarcasm.

"Ni hindi ko alam bat ka sumali"

I paused. "Malaki pera eh..."

The Delinquent and The SilentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara