Chapter 39

Cent's POV

Reading my message all over again, I decided to tap the send button. It was for Uncle Jin. I wrote my apology for my dad's actions. I also wrote my unending thank yous for everything he and his family shared me. I promised to visit them when I can.

If I could speak, I'd rather call him. Writing him is the least I can do... for now.

Ford entered my mind. Dang it. I miss my dog. I wish they'll let me have him. I wonder if Luke's even feeding him properly.

And then I thought of school. I feel drained already. I don't want to go to school. I got a lot of group projects and works anyways so I'm certain I'm still getting points without attending my classes. I did bunch of those 'group' works for the entire group too.

I sighed. Maaaan, I need to go to school. I want to see Luke and the guys. I feel  ashamed meeting with Luke tho. After everything his family has done for me? This is how we ended up? Me leaving. And I didn't even have a say on it. One night, I'm telling them I need to do schoolwork. The next day, I'm gone. Gah! I blame my dad.

But hey, Luke owe me his win. How's he enjoying his million without me. Guess I need to find out.

I finished my missed paperworks in all my subjects before leaving the faculty room. I'm glad teachers didn't ask about my absence.

Now where next? I smiled. Loft, of course.

Excitement washed over me as I walk to their mancave. They'll be happy to see me, yeah? I paused. They should be.

I stopped walking when I caught sight of my guys talking to a girl. I squint my eyes. Newbie? I haven't seen her around the school.  They're laughing. The hell?

I turned around. There's someone who can tell me about all this.

"Calista?"

Ada nodded.

"San galing yun?"

She shrugged. "Nakita ko lang na kasama ni Luke kahapon."

I made a face. Kasama ni Luke?

I don't feel okay na nakita ko 'yong Calista sa loft. No one--and I mean no one get to be there aside from the guys and Ada and me of course. So if nakapasok si  Calista sa loft... what is she to them?

"Narinig ko na invited sila sa isang event. Ininvite sila nung Calista."

Event?

"Invited ka din?"

Ada gave me an unsure look. "Maybe? Gabby asked me to come"

Aba aba. Mga hayop na 'yon. So ako lang hindi invited? Ano meron?

"Hindi nila sinabi kung anong event? Baka birthday? Wedding?"

"Nope. Basta sabi susunduin na lang daw ako ni Gabby"

I felt left out. Ako lang hindi na-invite. And wala akong idea. Gawd. Baka naman dito ginagastos ni Luke yong prize money niya? And sa babaeng yon? I feel attacked. Hindi ako nagpatumbling tumbling sa loob ng sasakyan ko para lang gastusin ni Luke ang pera sa babae. Muntik pa akong mahuling hininga sa race na yun!

"Sasabihan kita kapag nalaman ko kay Gabby" Ada assured me.

I smiled but deep inside I wanna wrestle Luke. "Thank you"

I turned to leave. Mukhang hindi muna kami magkikita ng mga lalaking 'yon and I hope binigyan nina Gabby ang Calista na 'yon ng GD drink nila. Hmp! I still remember the green yucky drink still bubbling.

Luke's POV

"Thank you for inviting us" Danny smiled at Calista.  I know Danny's smile was not genuine.

She beamed. "No problem. I guess I'll see you tomorrow night then."

The guys nod.

Calista turned to me. "Let's go?"

I opened the door for her. My car's already outside. She stepped out of the loft and headed towards my car. For a girl who has a dad who's into races, she doesn't have a car. She told me kinuha ng organizer ng recent race ang sasakyan niya dahil malamang--talo din siya.

Danny winked at me when Calista's out. "Dating?"

I scoffed. "No"

He became serious. "I don't like her, Lukey. She lied about Century. She knew Cent's still inside her car but said otherwise."

Don joined. "I don't want her here again"

It's no doubt they're mad about what happened to Cent. We all came to care a lot about our lil mute.

"Chill guys. She can only save one that time too. Understand the girl"

Danny didn't drop his serious look. "Until I see Cent safe and breathing, that girl's not allowed to come here again." He looked at me. "No offense to you. I'm more than happy you survived. It's just that Cent doesn't deserve to be left alone"

I cringe. Danny's tough. I'm afraid Gabby has a point too tho. Calista helped me out. My tires back then were flat and I was being gunned. I hate to admit but if it weren't for her, who knows where I am today.

"She was here?!"

My mom nodded. She's smiling from ear to ear. "She came to visit."

"Why didn't you call me?"

She gave me an apologetic look. "I forgot and I was just so happy she was here I didn't think of calling you"

I whined.

"She told me she's been texting your dad too. Ain't that great?"

My dad's attending an important meeting out of town and I can only imagine how he's feeling about it.

Mom then showed me her phone. Pictures of them in her screen. One picture was Cent and Galaxy beaming. Another was the three of them. I snatched her phone to get a better view.

"I hope she's fine. She looked terrible when I saw her earlier" mom murmured.

I know why. Must be the race. Looking at her pictures, Cent got scars on her temple and even if she's wearing sweater I know she has scratches beneath.

I silently sent a solo picture of Cent to my phone before giving it back to her.

"She asked me to tell you hi" mom said before carrying Galaxy. The kid's worn out. I guess Cent spent time with her playing.

I scowled. Just hi? Seriously?

"And she took Ford with her"

Damn. That dog's luckier than me. I feel so down. I want to see her too. Where does she even live now?

I pulled out Cent's necklace from my pocket. I always carry it just in case I see her then she can have it back. I already fixed it too. Got some new locks for it.

I smiled when I felt my tag too. It was my Christmas present given by her. And looking at the two, it looks the same. It's just that hers has a cross and I just got a wolf.

Putting her necklace back in my pocket, I dragged my ass up my room. I'll just sulk in there for the rest of the night. It's so unfair that I was the only one who didn't see Cent and not even a text too.

Still sulking, I lied down on my bed but sat up fast when I heard my phone buzzed. I got a text.

See you tomorrow. Good night.

My hopes got high. It's a new number. Maybe from Cent?

Who is this?

It felt hours before my phone beeped again.

Calista.