Chapter 33

"That was you?!"

Luke gave Gabby a nod. "The one and only"

At the moment, Luke and his boys are in my room. After we talked about my racing thing, he called them over. Not that Im against it. I actually feel better now that they know about it.

"Wow" I can feel Gabby's admiration.

"That was why that car seems familiar" Danny said.

"You bought it?"

I shook my head. "It's from my dad passed on to me"

"So when did you start racing?" asked Don.

"When I was 15 Big Shaq got me into it. He doesn't allow me to join pero sumali ako without him knowing. Nalaman na lang niya after the race. I won my first race then"

"You and Big Shaq... I thought he's just an acquintance?" Gabby murmured.

I gave an unsure look. "He's actually a family. Sorry guys. He was the one who taught me how to drive. My dad's bestfriend"

They nodded in sync. I'm amazed.

Gabby clapped. "For a mute, you really hide things well" he shuffled my hair.

I then proceeded to tell them my racing history and my... credentials. Hey I'm proud of my achievements.

"Maaaan, I cant wait to see your car" Danny pulled me up.

"Later. I need to shower hey. And think of some lies to get Luke out of the house tonight"

Luke will join the race too and hindi pa sila nakakaisip ng excuse para payagan siyang lumabas for tonight. Leave it to them to think. I'm confident naman na papayagan ako.

They groaned. "Dating gawa na lang Luke... takas ka na lang"

I rolled my eyes and entered my bathroom.

I thought of how things will work. Wala pa din kaming idea kung saan ang venue and kung ano ang final count ng kasali. I heard may nagback out. Im hoping panigan ako ng pagkakataon but more than that I pray for Luke's safety.

"Nothing yet?"

Big Shaq shook his head. Wala pa siyang natatanggap na text or tawag or email about the race. We know matutuloy tho kasi may confirmation of the date kahapon.

"Luke?"

I shrugged. "They're on their way maybe"

Big Shaq already know my secret's out. Pero kahit alam na nila Luke, we agreed na hindi muna nila sasabihin sa parents niya. I'm still earning my courage to tell them personally.

I tied my boots and zipped my leather jacket. Malakas ang ulan ngayon and the wind's not a help sakali dahil mas malakas pa siya sa ulan. And it's dark too. Lampas 9pm na. I got a feeling na mas lalakas pa ang ulan mamaya.

"May typhoon?"

Big Shaq nodded. "Bukas ng umaga ang landfall niya"

Dang it

"Don't worry, your car will protect you. It's all geared up great. Your tires too"

I glanced at my tires. They're new and spiky. I'm not worried at all. It's Luke's car I'm doubting.

Sana hindi sya makalabas ng bahay. And I hope mahuli siyang tumatakas sakaling tatakas nga---

"What's up Big Shaq!"

Shit

"Hey guys"

I looked at them like they doubled in heads. Seriously? Hindi ba talaga nahuhuli mga to? Danny and Luke were coming out of Gabby's racing car.