Chapter 45

Danny's POV

Sinuot ko ang shades ko bago ko binuksan ang pinto ng sasakyan. I made sure walang gaanong tao bago ako lumabas. I let Ford hopped out too. Century doesn't like people knowing she's back.

"Welcome home" bati ko kay Cent.

I glance at Century. She's not changed at all except for her shoulder length hair and she actually got taller.

She nods her head smiling at me. We're in her house. I'm here para isauli si Ford. Two days ago, umuwi siya ng Pinas pero she's been fixing the papers para sa bagong bili niyang bahay so sakin muna niya naiwan si Ford.

"I hope magsesettle ka na dito?" I asked.

"We'll see" she said petting Ford.

Since bumili siya ng bahay I'm thinking she's planning to stay for good. I hope she's done with her 'me-time' and find other things she wanna do.

I stayed for a little bit longer talking about the guys, most about Luke.

She cringed. "How's he?"

"Capable of staying alive. So much progress in life. He's done great things actually. He's quite about all of it though. He hates people poking their noses in his business"

Century was never back in the country for three years. She passed her boards and then she's around the world traveling and exploring new things. She never get in touch while she's away so I was surprised when she called me two days ago saying she's coming home.

Big Shaq and her dad were silent too regarding her whereabouts.

"Do you know Luke's address?"

I gave her a knowing smile and then I wrote down Luke's address.Finally. That lovesick dude will get some medicine.

Luke's POV

I finished my office works before telling Jared, my secretary, about some important meetings he needs to attend on my behalf. That is because two times lang akong pumapasok sa trabaho so Jared has to do most of the works. The rest of the day, I spend it at home or with my family and friends.

I then drove home. I reached my driveway but can't enter because some stupid driver parked his car blocking the way.

I removed my seat belt, open my door and slid out. The car's windows are heavily tinted and I can't see inside. I knocked on it three times. He didn't budge.

"Nakaharang ka sa daanan ko!"

He then reversed his car hanggang sa matapat siya sa sasakyan ko. He revved his car...loud. Gagong to. Nanghahamon ba siya?

I got inside my car not minding his antics. Wala akong oras sa isang to. All I want is to shower and sleep.

The other car's passenger window rolled down. This time I get to see the driver. Or not. Naka hoodie siya kaya natatakpan ang mukha niya from my view.

"Let's race"

I furrowed my brows. Hindi familiar ang boses niya but it's too soft para sa isang lalaki. The driver's a she then.

I rolled my eyes. "Wala akong panahon sayo"

"Come on, Luke. Man up" she said giggling. The nerve.

Wait. Kilala niya ako?

Magtatanong sana ako when she raise her left hand. Three of her fingers are pointing ahead of us. "First traffic light. On three, Luke"

Fine. I'd like to see this lady cry. The first traffic light from here is about 10 kilometers away. Yun yung bungad ng city proper.