Chapter 20

Century's POV

I parked the pick up and helped Galaxy out of the car. Uncle Jin owns it but asked me to start driving it the moment Luke told him I can drive. 

"Want to see Don"

I glanced at Galaxy. We're here in school. It's Saturday and I don't have class so I took Galaxy to have lunch with Luke and his friends. Aunty Jenna told me that Galaxy's attached to Don badly and that her nanny often takes her to see him every Saturday... well that was when her nanny's still around.

I just smiled and lead her to see the guys. They're always in the same place during lunch. Loft.

Galaxy wriggled out of my arms when she sees the loft. She started running towards it and I can see Don waiting for her. I followed her.

"I missed you!" Galaxy screamed and kissed Don.

Don smiled. "Missed you too, buttercup"

I noticed Gabby reading Playboy magazine and I whacked his head. He yelped in surprise and stood up. "Aray! Anong problema mo?"

I pointed at Galaxy then at his magazine.

"You want me to give this to her?"

I punched his face. 'Gago' I mouthed.

Obviously, he knows what I asked him to do but just playing oblivious. He then hides the magazine under the couch before approaching Galaxy. Don's greedy though 'cause he took Galaxy out of his reach.

'Luke?' I asked him after he stopped chasing Don.

"Bumibili ng pagkain. Malamang, sa tagal niya, nakikipag-away na naman 'yon"

'Eh?'

After twenty minutes, wala pa sila so we decided to look for them leaving Don and Galaxy behind.

We reached the food court. I easily spotted Luke since ang tangkad niya at may crowd sa paligid niya. Uh yeah... he's having an argument with some guy.

"...ayos lang, hindi ko naman kailangan ng tulong ng iba. Kasi 'yong iba diyan, sa connection lang naman dinadaan" said the guy.

Luke grabbed his collar. "Hindi niya ginamit ang connection ng pamilya ko at hindi na din kailangan dahil may utak siya hindi katulad mo, gago."

My eyebrows met.

"Get the fuck out of my sight" he bumped the guy and left. Danny did the same but did it twice.

Now that I have a closer look at the guy, I am sure he's in the same department as us. I'm not sure if he's my classmate in two of my subjects though. Gabby pulled me to meet Danny and Luke.

"Anyare?"

"Gagong Seth 'yon. Mukhang threatened na naman kasi" Danny answered. He then looked at me. "Hey Century!"

I didn't answer him 'cause Luke pulled my hand and we headed back to the loft.

They never explained what happened 'cause we focused on food the moment we reached the loft. Luke's still tense though and he's sitting beside me, Galaxy sitting on his lap. I elbowed him. He did the same and grinned.

Galaxy and I went home after lunch and the guys went straight to class. 

Aunty Jenna's waiting for us when we reached home and I asked permission to go out again.

'may inaayos po kasi akong project'

She smiled and let me go. 

I thanked her.

"Do you want to start your practice?" asked Big Shaq

I shook my head. 'I'l take it out for a ride first'

"Ayt kid"

I revved my muscle car and drove it out of the Garage. It's been months the last time I raced and it'll take me weeks to get the hold of it again so back to square one. Just drive.

I went back to the Garage after an hour but I didn't expect a familiar car parked in there. 

The BMW i8. I shrugged and looked for Big Shaq. 

'Kanino yan?' I pointed at the BMW.

"Nic. He's a new customer. I just fixed his lights. Hindi ko naayos nung last kaya binalik niya" He turned to my muscle car. "How's your bae?"

I grinned. 'Better'

"So you have two weeks before the race. School won't be a problem?"

I shook my head. 'I got school. It's the race I'm not sure about'

Big Shaq made a face. "You'll nail it"

"Aalis na po ako, Big Shaq. Salamat" I whirled around. I know that voice.

I can't confirm it yet because he's holding his head down, getting money from his wallet. Then he lifts his head.

"Bayad k-- oh hey, Century" he grinned. Nicoli Harde.

I waved my hand.

Big Shaq took his money and asked Nicoli to wait 'cause he needs to get his change.

"I didn't know you know Big Shaq hey"

I just shrugged. I really don't want to let him know Big Shaq is my dad's friend. 'So your car's all good?'

He looked at his car. "Ah yeah. But it's not really mine" he lifts his wallet again and took a picture out. "It's my mom's" he showed me the picture and my breathing stopped. It can't be...

Big Shaq returned and gave Nicoli his change. Nicole shoved his change inside his wallet together with the picture of his mom.

"Thank you po. Alis na ako. See ya sa school, Century" he ruffled my hair and left.

Big Shaq poked my cheek."Nanuno ka ba? Nanigas ka na diyan, bata"

'That's not his car. It's his mom's and he showed me a picture of her'

"So?"

'Nicoli's mom is also mine'