Chapter 19

Century's POV

I'm thinking on everything that happened in my life. My parents, our house, tita and tito, the abuse .. bruises and scars... Uncle Jin. I've been through a lot. I kinda lost track of what's happening in my life but it will always come to a point where I reflect on everything.

 I looked at Luke. He's feeding Ford, the dog, with kibbles and I don't think he's having fun. He always grimace kapag nalalawayan siya ni Ford.

'So what brought you here?'

Katatapos lang namin kumain at pumasok agad ako sa kwarto ko kasi may assignment pa akong gagawin at kailangan ko pang patulugin si Galaxy. Malay ko bang susunod 'tong asungot na 'to at sabing may ibibigay lang kay Ford.

Luke smirked. "There's this project that I've been working on and it's kinda... blah"

'And?'

"I need your help" he finally brought out his flashdrive. "It's all here" he smiled sweetly.

I kicked his shin. 'By helping, you always mean me working on it. Dummy!'

He acted hurt. "Ouch Cent"

'Whatever'

He just sat on my bed. "Hoy Cent, pasalamat ka nga mabait ako sa'yo."

I faced him. 'mukha mo'

Luke's right. Compared to other people, mabait sa'kin si Luke, of course pati sa mga barkada niya. But then, as I see him talking to other people sa school, he's got this nasty attitude and he sometimes shouts at them. He's... cold? And I do often think he's bipolar.

He smokes. He did weed. He hacks. He falsified papers whenever he gets absent. He's not the Luke to me and his friends when he's being Luke to everyone.

He shook his head. "Seriously hey! Mas magaspang pa ugali mo sa'kin eh"

I ignored him and transferred the files from his flashdrive to my laptop. He's got porn in there too! WTF?!

I abruptly stood up. Luke looked at me with weird face. "Nyare sa'yo?"

I pointed at the screen. 

He laughed. "Sorry"

I removed the flashdrive. 'Kadiri ka'

He shrugged his shoulders. "Are you... gonna be okay tomorrow?"

I sat on my desk and looked at him pero he's petting Ford. See now? He's got this soft side of him that he doesn't show to other people.

'Oo. Kasama ko naman mom and dad mo'

Speaking of which, hindi ko alam kung gusto ko silang makita or gusto ko ba silang makulong. Sure, it's been hard for me living with them but they're still family. I know what it feels like not having both parents and I can't see Ada living without her own.

"You'll be fine" Hindi ko namalayang nakaupo na si Luke sa upuan sa harap ko. Me on my desk so I'm looking down at him.

I'm about to write my response when he stood up. He's now in between my legs and I hate this  close contact. I looked up at him and put my hand on his chest to stop him from coming closer to me. I felt his wolf necklace, the one I gave him.

He removed my hand from his chest and pulled me up. He put his one hand behind my head and the other around my waist. He hugged me.

"I dunno if you noticed but I was the one who looked for you. I took care of you when you were in the hospital, I helped you around the house when you got here because you can't move much, I've seen your scars and... I don't like it. It may looked like I don't care much but I do. You've been through rough days before but you'll be okay now. Those people deserve to go to jail..."

I'm speechless--- of course I'm mute so I'm speechless but I just don't know what to say. Luke's really making me uncomfortable but at the same time giving me comfort. What? I hella don't know what's going on inside me!

He then pulled away but still holding me. He wiped the single tear that fell from my eyes. I didn't even know I cried! 

"You're strong, Century" he smiled and kissed my cheek. 

I cried harder. He hugged me tighter and I hugged him back. I don't think he came here just to feed Ford or to give me his crappy project. 

"I'm here, okay? You'll be fine"

I looked at Luke's mom, aunty Jenna. I mouthed 'thank you'.

Then it starts. Nilabas nila sina tita Laura, my dad's sister, at ang asawa niya, si tito Ben. They got lawyer and siya lang 'yong nagsasalita. It's all blurry to me and I kinda zoned out hanggang sa mapansin kong tumayo ang lawyer ko. He called someone. Luke. My brows met. He didn't mention he'd be here today.

According to my lawyer, he's one of the witnesses of my abuse. He's talking for me. I smiled at him though he's glaring at tita Laura and tito Ben. I'm grateful to have him and his family.

Then it ends.

Napansin ko na lang na hinihila ng mga pulis sina tita Laura at tito Ben palabas. I didn't hear what's the verdict. Nakayakap sa'kin si tita Jenna and she's whispering soothing words. I hugged her back.

"Fifteen years in prison's not enough for ruining your life but someday, I hope you find it in your heart to forgive them. Not for them but for you, honey. So you can move on with your life and live with light heart" she kissed my forehead.

I just nod my head. Someday...

We head out of the court room. I saw Danny and Gabby. They're holding illustration boards with 'WE SUPPORT YOU, CENTURY' on it. I laughed and thanked them. Don's there too but he's carrying Galaxy instead. They walked over to me and Galaxy wanted me to carry her so I did. She's so small and cuddly. She kissed my lips and said "you win Centuweee". I grinned.

Uncle Jin ruffled my hair. "That's it, kiddo. I now have full responsibility of you. I know you're eighteen and all but I got your custody still. We're your guardian"

'Thank you, family!'

They hugged me.

Luke walked over with Ford. My smile got wider. I have my friends and family here and Ford too. I just can't stop smiling.