Chapter 38

Cent's POV

I looked outside the car. Inaasahan kong sa dating bahay kami uuwi. Where I had the beatings. I shuddered at the thought.

"We're here" dad announced. He got out of the G Wagon collecting our things. His car's really a dream car.

I glanced at the huge house. It's not bigger than the Aragons, just wide enough for the two of us. Okay fine, it's huge for us. And nope, it's not my old house. It's a new one. In my 18 years of existence, I experienced living in 3 homes---my mom's, my dad's previous house, the Aragons. This is a new addition.

I stepped out of the car careful not to bump my wounded shoulder. I'm thankful they allowed me not to wear that hideous sling.

We walked inside and I first caught of the living room. It's quite tidy. Dad dumped the bags and plopped down the sofa.

The living room has a big flatscreen tv fixed on the wall, some players and music stuff. A weird chandelier up the ceiling. A fireplace on my right and piano on my left. I like it but it's kinda dark and I want some natural light inside. I searched for light buttons.

"Titus, open blinds" dad said.

Ha? Sino yun?

The curtain blinds went up and I found my jaw dropped on the floor. Wow. The house is voice automated?

"Titus, open TV please"

Sure, tv turned on.

Dad gave me a bored look. "Welcome home. Horaay" he said in a faked excitement.

"Let's get you something to eat, disabled princess" he lightly pushed me towards the kitchen. The kitchen's in white and gray. What is it with men not liking colors. But so do I.

"I prepared some nice dish this morning bago kita sunduin sa hospital." He said while opening his gigantic fridge.

I sat down and my hunger grows anticipating a really good food from my dad.

He then placed boxes of food from McDonald's in front of me. I slowly raised my glance on him. Really? This is the nice dish?

He laughed at my expression. "Dig in"

Big Shaq came after lunch. He grinned when he saw me. "You look... ugly"

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks"

He went to manhug my dad. He's smoking near his pond and I'm enjoying my swing.

"How's the shoulder?" Nudged Big Shaq.

"Killing me"

He laughed. "It ain't bad"

"How's my car?" I don't know how bad my car crashed but I hope it's nothing Big Shaq can't fix.

He narrated my baby's situation and his initial plan on how to get it back in shape. I frowned. Sounds like I can't drive it for months.

"Cham's here" my dad looked at the gate. A blue raptor came in sight then parked beside Shaq's chevy.

A tall woman stepped out. She's really built but not bulky. She's wearing a white tank top and skinny jeans. Her chunky boots, I like.

I noticed some scars in her arms as she came closer. Then in her hands, a small box.

"Delivery" she waved me the box. I recognized her voice. Is she...

My dad grabbed the box for me. I didn't know I was just staring at the newcomer.