Chapter 36

Luke's POV

"It's really impossible..." I murmured.

Gabby tapped my back trying to comfort me. "She was not inside her car, man."

That's what the chic said too.

Bigla siyang sumulpot nang saglit na nag stop mga bumabaril sakin. She asked me to get inside and not to worry about Century dahil nilabas na daw siya sa bumaliktad niyang sasakyan and they're taking her back to the dome.

And I believed her. I didn't think for a moment that she was lying. She was.

"Do you rember the guys who were shooting at you?" asked Don.

I shook my head.

I saw their codenames tho. Those fuckers only stopped shooting when the monster car pushed them down the hill.

I paused. Monster car... the driver probably helped Cent then. Aside from some random chic na bigla na lang sumulpot sa ng sasakyan ko, yong pagkalakilaking truck lang ang nakahabol sa bus stop.

"I hope she's safe" Don murmured.

Imagine my horror when we got back to the dome and I can't find her. The chic, who happened to be one of the racers, apologized. She knew Century was still inside her car but said she can only save one. She chose me. I put my hand around her neck, stopping her air supply. A bitch she is. Century needed the help more!

Danny and Gab pulled me back. Don pushed the woman out my reach. I slid inside my car together with the boys and went back to the bus stop. Gabby cringe when he saw his car. I didn't mind him. I went straight to Cent's car and looked for her. She's gone.

"Big Shaq..." I murmured. He must know Century's whereabouts.

"Oh yeah. Leggo visit him"

We stood up but stopped when dad came inside my room.

"Yes? San na naman ang lakad?" he eyed me.

Fortunately wala siyang alam about what happened last night but I don't think mapagtatakpan namin si Cent for long. We said naiwan pa siya sa bahay ng isang mate.

"We need to finish our project"

He seems doubting. I grabbed the files beside my computer. "Here look. We're almost done. That's the printed output"

Partially tama naman sinabi ko. May naedit lang kunti.

And bakit ba siya andito?

"Okay. I'll just talk to you later then"

"Now na, dad"

He sneezed. "It's about family thing. It can wait tho."

I shrugged. "Ayt"

We left when he scanned the folder. Hoping he won't notice some lies in there.

"She's safe" said Big Shaq.

"How'd you know?"

He didn't reply. He's typing some text in his phone.  "She called"

Really now? Samantalang unattended yong phone niya nung tinatawagan namin kaninang madaling araw hanggang ngayon.

"What time?" Don's pulling his phone out.

"Ahh an hour ago..." he replied too fast.

Pasimpleng umikot si Don to hide his phone from Shaq and dialed Cent's number. At panong nakuha naman kaya ng mokong na to contact number ni Cent. I set a mental note to ask him later.