Chapter 40

Mamayang gabi yong event. Sama ka?

A text from Ada.

Dang it. I got some place to be tonight. Bakit ba sumasabay whatever that event is sa lakad ko. I sighed before sending my reply.

May gagawin din ako ngayon eh. Balitaan mo na lang ako.  

I grabbed Ford's green bow tie and wrapped it around his collar. He's my date. I smiled when he hangs his tongue out giving me a doggy grin. I'm still ecstatic Aunt Jenna lemme have him.

I then stared at my reflection in the mirror and then nod at what I see. Looks good. I gave a last twirl before leaving my room.

"Hot!" Chamelle clapped her hands. "You look stunning, Cent"

"You're just saying that 'cause you dressed me into this"

Chamelle bought me my dress. She also put my make up and did my hair. She's not only the man but also a fairy godmother.

Im wearing a dark green dress that hugs my figure. It's a knee length bodycon. It's not skimpy, just tight enough to fit. Its long sleeves are laces and the also the part around my midrib just under the boobies. I like that the neckline is not plunging too. Chamelle got me to wear it with black stilettos. My hair's in a messy bun.

"Not really." She frowned. "I didn't know you're hiding a model body under your everyday clothes"

I made a face. "Tara na nga"

Chamelle's wearing a black cropped top and black suit pants. She looks more formal than I do. Her hair's in a sleek ponytail.

We walked towards the garage in the basement. I still can't believe my dad's hiding more cars in here. There are about six more apart from the G Wagon that is parked in front of the house. My dad's sure loaded.

"About damn time. I thought you're not coming" dad said glancing at his wristwatch. "We're late, ladies"

Dad's in formal attire too. Suit and tie.

Chamelle scoffed. "Calm your tits. Leggo"

Dad threw a car remote in my direction. I caught it with ease.

"I'll go ahead". He looked at Ford. "Bye dog" he said then slid inside the black Camaro zl1. I guess it's a 2017 model? He sped out the garage honking once.

I glanced at the remote in my hands then at the remaining cars. I pressed the unlock button. The black McLaren made a sound. I guess we'll be using this cool car then.

Luke's POV

I can't help but yawn. We got here early and I blame the girl beside me. She's a nagger, wanting us to be the first guests in attendance.

Oh Lord, the event will start in the next hour. Bestow me patience.

Calista gave me a tight smile. "Bored?"

Bored is not even the word. I want to go home. "To death" I glared at her.

She raised her hands in a surrendering way. "Okay okay. Calm down, tiger"

I ignored her, grabbed my suit jacket and went out. I lit a cigarette when I reached the parking area and started burning my lung.

My friends are on their way and I hope they got here fast. After smoking two sticks, I caught sight of Gabby's car. He parked beside the car I brought, the pickup Century's been using.

He stepped out and waved at me. I lazily rose an arm. He walked around his car opening the passenger's door. Ohh who's he with?

Ada. I smirked, not too shocked. Behind Gabby's car, Danny parked his. Si Don ang date ni Danny. I laughed at the thought.

"Start na?" Danny asked in a bored voice. He doesn't want to be here. His neck tie's not even fixed. Just resting around his neck.

I shook my head. "30 minutes pa"

They all groaned.

Our annoyance turned into amazement when we saw a black Camaro entering the parking space. Don whistled. "Olala"

Our eyes are still fixed on it that we didn't notice the McLaren.

Cent's POV

Chamelle looked at me after ending my dad's call.

"Hindi pa daw nagstart. We can stay here for a while"

I nod. I don't feel like going inside anyways. My mind's still occupied about the event Ada and the boys are attending.

"What are you thinking about?" Chamelle poked my forehead.

"Luke"

She leaned back and crossing her arms. "I saw them on the same day you got out of the hospital"

"Where?"

"Big Shaq's place. He's with his friends looking for you"

Really?

"What'd you guys say?"

She shrugged. "Shaq told them you're safe. I think they didn't believe him though. Luke probably knew you're badly injured"

Whoa.

"They were trying to call you pero hey, sira nga naman kasi phone mo that time. I guess they're still waiting for you to call them. They're worried"

That got me feeling better. I set a mental note to call them--Luke especially, after this event.

We then got out of the car when my dad called to let us know the event's about to start.

Luke's POV

We sat down looking down at the stage in front of us. A wide screen was placed there and live coverage of the event is being flashed.

Some of the people around us are familiar faces-- businessmen, politicians, celebrities. Others I recognize from the races that Danny and Gabby have been joining for years.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We would like to express our gratitude to all of you for attending this tonight's auction event." A middle aged man standing on the stage welcomed.

"We would like to acknowledge the presence of Mr. Zapanta..."

The host said other names but the Zapanta got me thinking. Im sure I've heard of it somewhere.

A smiling man was flashed in the screen, he waved hi to the camera. I assume, he is the Mr. Zapanta.

The guy then went onto the history of this event and I'm surprised this is the 7th time they'll be hosting the same event. I shuffled in my seat when I feel like peeing. Damn it.

I elbowed Danny. He's at my right, Calista on my left. Danny gave me a bored look. "What?" He hissed.

"I need to go to the toilet"

He fixed his long legs for me to pass through. I heard him say "stupid dick"

I chuckled and left to pee.

When I was done with my business, I slowly made my way back. Car paintings are hanged on the wall and I'm admiring them as I pass through the hallway. When I reached the end, I turned to go left but then something pulled my pants.

I glanced down at some... dog?

He's giving me low growls but wagging his tail. A green bow tie was around his collar but no leash. He jumped up at me. Dang it. What's he doing here?

"Ford, get down boy" I laughed.

Isn't he with? I paused. Century got him two days ago. Is she here?

I looked around the hallway then at Ford. "Where's Cent?"

My heart's beating at a strange pace. Excitement got me when I heard steps, heels, coming from the comfort room. I held Ford in place.

My eyes landed on the lady in green dress. She's looking at Ford but my eyes are straight on her. Slowly, she looked up. My smile widened when my brain confirmed that she's indeed Cent.

I let go of Ford and rushed to pull her in a hug. "There you are, I've been looking for you love"