Chapter 25

"Can you pass me the bolognese, sweetheart?"

I did what tita Jenna asked.

"Thank you"

We're preparing and cooking stuff because I was informed that today is Galaxy's birthday. I feel so guilty I didn't know about it. So I kinda sneaked out this morning to buy her a present.

I stopped chopping onions when I heard the door bell. I got to the door and opened it. Enters Danny and Don. They both look like shit but Danny's playing it cool.

"Hello there. You stink" Danny greeted.

I rolled my eyes.

"You're cooking something with onions in it?" Danny asked while I followed them.

I nod my head.

"We'll just sit here and sleep then" Don said.

I gave him a blank look.

"That stupid Gabby managed to give me eye bags darker than his soul" Don complained.

I just continued staring at him. Well, kahapon 'yong race and knowing them, malamang may ginawa silang kababalaghan after the race. I have no idea kung paano pinayagan si Luke na lumabas ng bahay.

I shrugged and turned towards the kitchen.

Tita Jenna's done cooking all of Galaxy's favorite and we're just waiting for Uncle Jin to come home. He's buying some other stuff for our baby girl's celebration.

It'll be at the backyard because we've got a wide yard so... yeah. It's just wide enough for some kid's plays and lot of guests. I dunno how many there will be but whatever. I just want to start eating now, I'm starving as hell.

Two girls came in and took the food outside. They're tita Jenna's nieces, I think. I helped with the balloons and the plates and stuff.

"Cake's here!" announced Uncle Jin.

He's carrying a five-layered cake in color blue. Jimmy Neutron's on top.Galaxy's got weird obsession about that cartoon character. Her party's actually inspired by Jimmy Neutron. 

Luke followed with a large tarpaulin, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GALAXY was written on it together with Galaxy's cutest picture. He placed it on the wall.

Luke's POV

"You dipshit. Just fucking open your fucking eyes and we'll go!" I pulled Gabby out of my car. "Gather your shit, man"

Wala pa siyang tulog because after the race, we kinda had celebration. Natalo niya si Nicoli, hey. Who knows that Nic guy likes Ada. And somehow my useless friend here happened to like her too.

"I need that sleep, Lukey. Please let me sleep" Gabby mumbled while being dragged.

Hangover is it. Wala din akong tulog dahil tumakas ako kagabi to support Gab and we ended up in a bar. Halos 5 na ako naka-uwi and I had to sneak inside my own house dahil mahahalata ako ni paps. And by 6:30, binulabog niya ako para ayusin ang party ni Galaxy. Nakalimutan kong birthday pala ng unggoy na 'yon.

"Shut up. Fix yourself Gab, you're about to see my mom"

He immediately straighten up and combed his hair. May maliit siyang suklay sa likod ng pantalon niya, and a small mirror sa kabilang bulsa. Wtf?!

Pumasok na kami sa loob, diretso sa sala. My other two useless friends are here, sleeping. Tag-isa pa silang pwesto sa couch. I pushed Gabby down the third couch. "Join them, you shit"

"Fuck yeah"

I shook my head and went outside to place the banner I got. It's a happy birthday message for Galaxy. I then caught a glimpse of Century silently snatching cupcakes. She hurriedly took them inside. I smirked. 

I found her sitting atop Gabby's butt, eating her cupcakes.

"Really Cent?"

She swallowed the whole cupcake and stared at me. I laughed out loud. "You're funny!"

'Kala ko ikaw si tita Jenna! Wat u doing here anyway?'

I pointed at my friends "picking them up. Party's about to start"

'they're dead'

I leaned on the wall looking at my friends. I asked them to help me in preparing Galaxy's party but they ended up sleeping on my couch. The friends they are...

I glanced at Century. She's tapping her chest, probably to ease the cupcake she swallowed. "How was your sleepover, mute?"

She gave me thumbs up.

"Are you okay? You're turning red"

She pointed at her neck.

"What?"

She drew a line across it. Signaling she's about to...die? Oh! Water! I scurried off to get her water. God! They're all giving me troubles!

I went ninja going back to the living room. "Here" I gave her glass of water I snatched from my mom.

She did bottoms up and her face slowly turned back in normal color. "Good?"

She coughed and nod.

I then heard Danny laughing. He's looking at Century with his hands up his neck doing the 'can't breathe' act. "Galaxy's party about to turn into your funeral huh?"

Century punched his face.

I laughed at him but stopped when I heard some kiddie song blasting from the backyard. Kids are screaming and squealing.

"Party started, Don. Galaxy might be looking for you" I pulled Don's foot.

He groaned. "Okay okay". He went outside taking his gift for Galaxy. Let's face it, Galaxy loves him more than she loves me.

"I think we can go slee---" the boys raced each other up to my room. "You can't sleep on my bed, shitty people!" I yelled.

I pulled Century and we followed them upstairs. We found my friends settled inside my room, on the floor tho. They managed to find extra blankets. I went flying to my bed and closed my eyes. Here I come, sleep. I heard Century leaving. I think she'll sleep too?

5 minutes. I got up. I can't fucking sleep with all the noise coming to my room. Malapit lang kasi ang kwarto ko sa party ni Galaxy sa baba and I can't tolerate those kids screaming.

"Guys!" I glanced at the floor. Wala na sila. Asang lupalop naman-- Century's room.

I got up and headed there. Sure, they're there. Mga pakshet.

I hate sleeping on the floor kaya tumabi ako kay Century. She's got wide space for just herself kaya kahit tumabi ako sa kanya, hindi kami magkakadikit.

I was about to close my eyes when I caught a look at her bedside table. She's got a picture there. Leaning on a muscle car and grinning. I smiled, she's really cute. I closed my eyes with her in my mind. She's got nice car there--- car?! I opened my guys again to see the picture.

Familiar sa'kin ang sasakyan. It's a muscle car... I'm sure na nakita ko na to somewhere.