Chapter 35

Chamelle sent me the map and some easy route heading to that bus stop. I grinned. She works fast.

"Got my delivery?" said Chamelle through my earpiece.

I pressed the button.

"We got track of Luke by the way"

How?

As if reading my mind, Chamelle responded "Big Shaq slipped it under Luke's car when you guys were at his garage"

Oh. Sneaky.

I shifted and felt my car getting faster. I'm nearing the hill. All the other cars are taking the same route that was flashed in the screen back at the dome. I couldn't thank my team enough for helping me find easier ways.

I shifted in low gear as I take the rocky road and shifted again when I got to a decent one.

"I'll let you see Luke's place, he's really fast too"

I swiped my screen to the left and sure enough Luke's getting closer to me. There are two ways towards the hill but it will merge just before some bridge. Currently, I'm taking the shorter route and I'm close to that bridge.

"Maintain your speed and you'll reach the bridge in 15 seconds" instructed Chamelle.

I counted.

10
11
12
13

I saw the bridge. Wooden bridge?!

Man, I pity the monster car earlier. It won't be able to pass through this. And worse, the bridge might break. I just hope Luke's not behind the monster car.

14
15

"You're through. You're leading, darlin"

Then I see fog. The fuck? I switched my fog lights on.

"You're running up the hill now. Fog's really bad. It will get worse as you go up"

I shifted in low gear again as I sensed my car's power fighting against the slope. Rain's bullshitting with me too along with the harsh wind.

"I'll get you a clearer view, wait"

Chamelle have this talent of being my auto driver. Times like this, I rely on her to gimme better view of the road.

I hit the brakes when I was off the road. There was a curve--sharp curve on the way and I was not able to anticipate it.

I proceeded with caution. Behind me, I can sense a company getting closer. Is it Luke?

I looked at my screen to check on Luke's position. He just passed through the bridge.

"The bridge got destroyed" announced Big Shaq. I'm guessing the monster car wrecked it? "Four can't cross now. Lucky for the driver in that big truck tho, he can pass through the river"

I frowned. The bridge was wrecked before that monster car can cross? Something's not right.

"Someone did it on purpose..." Big Shaq said after a couple of minutes.

Thought so. Dirty games.

I got on some flat terrain and I relaxed a bit. I accelerated to my car's limit and sustain. Few curves and I saw a steep area. It's really steep I need to decelerate.  I shifted and carefully climb up.

Fog's giving me zero visibility and I need Chamelle badly.

My screen beeped signaling that someone's close to me... really close. I glanced up my rear view mirror, I can see the car's flashes of light but I can't tell who is it.